Freshworks has received numerous accolades that include ranking #16 on the prestigious Forbes' Cloud 100 and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work lists.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated global team operating from 13 locations to serve our customers throughout the world. Freshworks is backed by leading investors including Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management.
Customer Success provides expertise to help our customers fully leverage the Freshworks suite of products, as well as strategic guidance to help our customers realize their goals for customer and employee engagement. In every interaction, we put our customers first and strive to exceed every expectation. Our ultimate goal is to deliver that "wow" experience that turns customers into advocates and Customers for Life.
As the Freshworks product suite grows and becomes more powerful, so do the needs of our customers. The Customer Success Engineer position for the Customer Success team is a new role that will be responsible for supporting Freshworks customers' technical product needs. This requires a high level of coordination with Customer Success Managers, Technical Account Managers, Support, Product and Engineering. You will directly support key accounts, and will engage with broader account teams in North America on an as-needed basis. You will scale processes, content and strategies where appropriate, with the goal of supporting and empowering Customer Success Managers while maximizing product adoption and success.
What you'll do:
- Be a subject matter expert on Freshworks products -- in both technical and sales strategies domains -- and acting as a trusted technical advisor to both customer stakeholders and internal teams
- Using your business and technical analysis skills, partner with the CSMs to develop technical success plans to map customer's unique business needs to Freshworks features
- Support CSMs on an assignment basis in more technical conversations with customers including troubleshooting, technical discovery, executive business reviews, value realization and product roadmap sessions. Develop repeatable processes and content where appropriate to maximize efficiency and impact.
- Perform health audits on existing implementations and provide industry best practice training on CRM, ITSM and Employee Management
- Build risk mitigation strategies for accounts at risk to prove product value and overcome feature functionality gaps
- Working with the product management and development organizations to channel client feedback and solutions into future releases of the Freshworks product suite
- Provide oversight of support tickets, taking ownership of escalated issues and ensuring that they are resolved within committed SLAs
- Working as part of our extended Customer Success and Technical Support teams, doing whatever it takes to exceed customer expectations
- Own the Pilot accounts in the Paid Support model and will be directly responsible for their success and renewal of the engagement contract
- 7-10 years of overall experience with at least 4+ years in a customer facing technical role
- Hands-on experience in resolving complex issues and troubleshooting Freshworks suite of products
- Prior work experience in SaaS product companies in domains relevant to Freshworks' suite of products like CRM, CX, ITSM, ITOM is highly preferred.
- Prior experience in providing in-person consultative solutioning with excellent technical and troubleshooting capabilities. Business Value Consulting or Value Realization frameworks expertise
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with various cross-functional teams to solve business and tech problems
- Ability to clearly communicate and present technical concepts to non-technical and technical audiences
- Clear, concise, and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Customer-centricity and empathy towards customers and their needs.
- Being technically adept, and the ability to pick up and learn new products, tools, and technology.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, analytical and development skills
- Must be motivated, goal oriented, flexible, able to work independently and deliver on deadline
- Good understanding in SSO, SAML, Active directory, DKIM and networking concepts.
- Experience with ITSM and ITIL
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.