Senior Buyer at AMP Robotics
Senior Buyer, 04/27/2021
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Senior Buyer reporting to Director of Supply Chain to focus on planning, sourcing, purchasing material and equipment for production and engineering.
As our Senior Buyer, you will work to:
- Be the owner of the supplier relationship, resolve tactical supply chain issues such as backorder resolution, open order expediting, lead time management, and supplier production issues.
- Plan and order required materials, equipment and services using necessary MRP transactions in support of customer’s goals and expectations.
- Monitor materials pipeline for any potential issues or disruptions and recommend corrective actions.
- Proactively analyze and suggest new strategies to optimize inventory management, procurement and shipping processes.
- Identify and correct supply chain constraints by acting as liaison between sales, customer success and suppliers.
- Evaluate and work with suppliers to improve cost, quality, delivery dates and lead time.
- Interface with other departments to resolve any production affecting materials issues.
- Collaborate with Engineering on the release of new parts.
- Drive outsourcing of key sub-assemblies to third party manufacturers.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years working in a procurement capacity in a high tech electronics environment managing suppliers to reduce lead time, ensure timely delivery and reduce cost.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of, Excel, Word, and ERP/MRP systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work and interact with multiple departments throughout the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and use of data to resolve issues.
- Capable of working independently without direct oversight with high attention to detail.
- APICS certification (CPIM, CSCP, CLTD).
- Experience with NetSuite ERP.
- Ability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with import/export compliance, freight tender and management, product classification and working with customs brokers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years working in a procurement capacity.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- 2770 Industrial Lane, Broomfield, CO 80220
- Some travel (5-10%) may be required
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $70,000 to 90,000 depending on experience
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.31 hours (0.54 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.