Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are investing heavily in the business development function as it is a core part of the company strategy. Your role will focus on identifying the right partners to acquire, and sign on partners whose strategies align with Checkr’s. Some of our key partnerships include Paylocity, Greenhouse, and Planning Center.
In this role, you will:
- Recruit technology partners to resell Checkr to their SMB and Mid-market customer base
- Develop, coordinate, and execute an effective strategy and BD sales process across assigned verticals to meet TAM and revenue targets
- Build joint GTM business plans with new partners as part of deal signing process to ensure revenue goals can be met
- Support in all aspects of deal execution, including prioritization of partners, strategic and product assessment, and transaction structuring
- Provide the company and Checkr leadership regular updates on results and KPIs, and any needed iteration of the strategy
- Work closely with cross-functional teams in order to build high-impact partnerships. Teams include but are not limited to Product, Marketing, Sales, Solutions, Legal and Finance
- Report on key metrics and communicate actionable customer and partner feedback to Checkr’s product, engineering, and leadership teams
What you bring:
- 7+ years of proven successful experience in strategic partnerships or sales in a B2B software environment
- Hardworking self-starter with a proven track record of closing multi-million dollar deals with partners
- Strong executive presence and working closely with C-Suite executives both internally and externally with our partners
- Creative and persistent networker capable of locating decision makers, building relationships, negotiating and selling a product
- Strong ability to assess product market fit and prioritize initiatives based on potential impact
- A history in exceeding deal and revenue targets by forging high impact partnerships, and holding yourself and cross functional teams accountable
- Technologically savvy and familiar with APIs is strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to rally organizational support
- Experience with reseller/OEM relationships a plus
- High energy level to match Checkr’s fast paced, start-up environment
- BS or BA, MBA a plus
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $133,484-$157,040. This position is also eligible to participate in Checkr’s commission plan/bonus plan.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.