Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Senior Advanced Systems Manager
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain customer contacts and relationships with government offices and prime contractors related to development and acquisition of active (LIDAR/LADAR) EO/IR sensor payloads.
- Understand and communicate customer requirements, timelines, budgets, sensitivities.
- Understand competitor positions and provide meaningful assessment.
- Relate customer roadmaps to corresponding Ball Aerospace sensor solutions and develop win themes and capture strategies.
- Identify risks and opportunities for capture strategies to increase Pwin and competitive positioning.
- Develop and present to management capture plans using the gated process for Pursue/No-Pursue, Bid/No-Bid, and Proposal Approval decisions.
- Prepare and submit proposals, ROMS, RFI/RFQ responses, and white papers.
- Manage new business indirect budget projects for assigned area.
- Manage IR&D in coordination with the Chief Technologist; coordinate technology developments with other business areas or SBUs, if appropriate, for assigned area.
- Develop and apply technical concepts that leverage and integrate core capabilities from across the Company to create high-value solutions and expand work share.
- Serve as the management and technical focal point, in coordination with Business Development and the Field Offices, for assigned area.
- Oversee study efforts having the potential to evolve into new business capture opportunities.
- Support preparation of the strategic plan in conjunction with Business Development.
- Support customer meetings, conferences, and trade shows.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 15 or more years’ experience in Aerospace Management including business development and capture activity preferred.
- Experience in government acquisitions. Strong preference for demonstrated business capture history with relevant government organizations and prime contractors.
- Ability to operate largely autonomously, understanding SBU strategic goals and implementing effective and vetted capture strategies, to maximize captured contract scope.
- Demonstrated history of capture and proposal responsibilities that have successfully concluded in awarded / booked programs.
- Familiarity with LIDAR technologies and active EO/IR sensor technologies, and meaningful technical understanding of those technologies.
- Proven history of understanding and influencing customer award strategies while aligning pursuit activities and capabilities to maximize Pwin.
- Experience operating in classified program environments.
- Strong verbal and written skills to positively represent the company internally and externally.
- Positive and collaborative attitude.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $166,500 - $230,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.