Ibotta is looking for a Senior Accountant to work closely with Accounting Leadership in performing month-end close procedures and producing high-quality financial statements and analysis. You will be joining a small team and be given the chance to take on high-impact responsibilities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures (journal entries, reconciliations, analysis) for revenue and other areas as needed.
- Review contracts and current business practice to identify accounting issues and to monitor compliance with the company's revenue recognition policies.
- Participate in cross departmental discussions to assess impact on revenue recognition for proposed projects.
- Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks).
- Work with internal and external business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Create process documentation and accounting policies and build schedules to support journal entries and analysis.
- Strive to continuously improve and automate the accounting and reporting process and instill proper financial controls, wherever possible.
- Provide support on special requests and ad-hoc projects as necessary.
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Accounting, CPA preferred. Deep understanding of GAAP.
- 3+ years of overall general accounting experience, high tech industry and Big 4 experience a plus. Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus.
- Revenue recognition experience required, experience with ASC 606 a plus.
- Netsuite or other ERP system experience.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Deep understanding of internal controls, SOX compliance a plus.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability and willingness to meet critical business deadlines.
- Should be a self-starter and enjoy working in team environment.
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out $340 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 28 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, Unlimited PTO, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.