Senior Account Manager at Parsyl
Parsyl is a technology company that delivers IoT enabled supply chain visibility and insurance solutions for shippers and suppliers of pharmaceuticals, perishable foods and other sensitive goods. We were founded with the mission to improve lives and save money by providing a better way to understand the quality of goods we all rely on, from the foods we eat to the medicines we need. We are working to achieve this by combining smart sensors, data insights, and comprehensive cargo insurance coverage to improve risk resiliency and safeguard goods in transit and storage.
If you’re a team player and would be excited to join a company whose technology will help answer questions like: “Should I give this vaccine to a child?” and “Is this seafood safe to eat?”- we’re looking for you.
Where you fit in:
As an early member of a fast-growing startup, you will be tasked with managing customer accounts and expanding use of Parsyl offerings. You will work closely with the sales, insurance and product teams to manage and expand customer accounts across our insurance and risk management products.
You will bring a proven track record of success managing accounts with demonstrated ability to manage complex accounts/programs, develop deep relationships, deliver exemplary customer service, expand and annuitize annual business relationships, and effectively collaborate with customers and partners alike.
You enjoy working on the front line and take pride in delivering contracted services on time, on budget, and meeting and exceeding customer expectations. As an experienced account manager you know how to manage customer expectations, uncover needs, solve problems, garner product feedback, and have customers genuinely enjoy working with you. You’re excellent at making every customer interaction yet another confirmation they made the right choice in working with Parsyl. You are a good fit for this position if you are highly organized yet flexible with a go-getter attitude. Excellent communication skills and high attention to detail are critical.
What you’ll get to work on:
- Help establish Parsyl as the premier, go to insurer in the perishable cargo space
- Manage and develop customers in the life sciences and food and beverage industries
- Collaborate internally with functional areas to develop and deliver value added solutions
- Continuously assess customer satisfaction and ongoing needs and provide valuable feedback to Parsyl’s product team
- Collaborate with the Data Sciences team; work with customers to determine needs in assessing their business and assist in delivering data insights to better manage supply chain operations and reduce risk
- Interact with the Parsyl Engineering team by sharing customer feedback and insights to help improve our solution
- Demonstrated success in a account management role:
- Ability to successfully manage multiple accounts and initiatives simultaneously
- History of achieving highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to expand business operations within an account
- Master at developing mid, senior, and C-level relationships
- Experienced at determining customer needs
- Proactive at uncovering and resolving customer concerns
- Strong and professional communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Keen organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a supportive team environment
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years account management/business experience
Bonus if You Also Have:
- Experience working in the insurance industry
- Experience within supply chain logistics
- Prior work with food distributors and/or suppliers
Qualities We Look For:
- Mission -- You are highly motivated and inspired by our mission to improve health and save money for people across the globe.
- Grit -- You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at an early stage startup.
- High Standards -- You take pride in your work and are highly accountable.
- Curiosity -- You are energized by finding creative solutions to new situations.
- Self-Starter -- You are ambitious and take initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
- Humility -- You approach your work with humility and a willingness to collaborate and learn from those around you in order to produce the best outcome
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness and commuter benefit
- Early-stage stock options
- Significant career growth opportunities
- Continuing education stipend
- Unlimited vacation
- Relocation assistance available