Senior Account Manager, US Hispanic Market at Xero
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
This role is responsible for recruiting new accounting partners (firms) who serve the U.S. Hispanic Community using Xero's proven and longstanding partner value proposition. You are responsible for building effective relationships that lead to growth and generation of new revenue for both the accounting firm and Xero. You will partner with sales reps at the local level, as well as lead the direct efforts to penetrate the Hispanic partner community.
This is a field based role requiring extensive cold calling, appointment making, meeting management and travel around the United States. You'll form great relationships with your Accounting Partners and also work closely with your Senior Account Management colleagues to make sure that you and your colleagues are working in the best way to support Xero's success overall. You will also work with the US Hispanic sales team on efforts to grow and develop this channel.
Key characteristics of an ideal candidate: Experienced in selling and closing, well-rounded, customer focused, delivers results in high growth environments, high emotional intelligence, strong business acumen, effective communicator, quick learner and knowledgeable in accounting practice operations. In addition, you must be able to effectively communicate in Spanish, displaying fluency in conversation and writing.
What you'll do
- Take a role in identifying and qualifying opportunities by prospecting and developing key relationships with accounting firms that serve the Spanish Speaking and Hispanic Communities
- Drive customer numbers up and achieve monthly targets
- Generate 4x pipeline of qualified opportunities through the use of, but not limited to, proactive outbound call activity, emails, marketing campaigns and hosting events
- Drive the creation and development of online cloud strategy business plans for your partners
- Develop project plans to support migration to Xero
- Deliver Xero partner events90% of the role will be focused on recruiting new Xero partners through LinkedIn, events, cold calling. You will be educating, and collaborating with new Xero accounting partners to grow our channel, leading to growth of our small business customer base
- The remaining 10% of the role will be focused on managing inbound sales calls and respond to current partner enquiries, while also having the ability to foster organic growth within an existing partner
- Travel to partners and prospects all over the US up to 50-65% of time
- Ensure that a formal Partner engagement plan is developed for each partner
- Ensure Partners and and other employees within the Practice attend introductory webinars, events & certification training
- Educate Partners on all partner resources available
- Monitor all existing Partners as they progress through the sales cycle.
- Update our CRM system (Salesforce) with all client communications including calls, emails and meetings
- Maintain and update our CRM system of all practice staff and contact details
- Respond in a timely manner to all Partner enquiries
- Engage in a call cycle (a minimum of every 8 weeks) with all allocated partners
- Drive attendance at Xero sales events and Partner Forums
- Work closely with Partner Services to deliver the business plan
Success looks like
- Meeting monthly targets on new clients signing up to Xero via your accounting partners
- Revenue / Net New CMR targets achieved
- Meeting weekly KPI measurements such as phone calls, meetings, appointments, opportunities and events.
- About 80% of your communication with customers and partners will be via phone, email, and webinar. Once travel is more open, this will shift to 50-65% in person.
- Maintaining a high level of activity and excellent account hygiene in our CRM by hitting on key touch points Successfully recruit accounting partners representative of all tiers of the industry
- Manage existing accounting partner relationships under our recruit, educate, grow model
- Collaborate with our technical team to present end-to-end accounting workflow solutions
- Understand the buyer: shows enthusiasm for the emerging cloud accounting market and its new opportunities
- Building relationships: A natural tendency towards building mutually beneficial partnerships
- Drive for results: Results driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Communication: Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Resilience & adaptability: Capacity to learn, adapt and apply ideas in constantly morphing situations
- Customer focused: Ability to create quick, strong rapport with accountants and other stakeholders
- Bilingual: Fluent in Spanish both written and spoken
- 5+ years of relationship management experience in a consultative selling environment
- Field Account Manager experience
- Strong Business Development experience especially New Business
- Experience in closing sales role
- Field Account Manager experience
- Experience with computers and applications software, including CRM database skills.
- Experience/Knowledge of the workings of an accounting practice is desirable
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives.
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 11 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at up to 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated.
We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies. Xero's collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Please note that we currently require all employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business. Xero will work with anyone who is not vaccinated, or prefers not to disclose their vaccination status, to determine if any reasonable accommodations can be provided to ensure their role can be performed safely whilst the restriction is in place.