Senior Account Manager, Southern California at Xero
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:07 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, August 27, 2020
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
At Xero the customer is the cornerstone of everything we do. This role is responsible for recruiting new accounting partners (firms) using Xero’s proven and longstanding partner value proposition. Beginning with the creation and development of online cloud strategy business plans, you will build effective partner relationships to grow and generate new revenue for both the accounting firm and Xero.
You will ensure that each firm has the opportunity to grow through internal firm-wide education and peer-to-peer networking opportunities facilitated by you in the local community.
This role requires travel within the Southern California region. The majority of your time will be spent in the field, meeting with prospective partners and hosting Xero events and certifications along with your community team.
Key characteristics of an ideal candidate: well-rounded, customer focused, delivers results in high growth environments, high emotional quotient, strong business acumen, effective communicator, quick learner and knowledgeable in accounting practice operations.
In light of COVID-19 all events and partner meetings will be conducted virtually until further notice.
What you'll do
- Take a leading role in identifying and qualifying opportunities by prospecting and developing key relationships with accounting firms within your territory
- Recruit, educate and land new Xero accounting partners to grow our channel, leading to growth of our small business customer base
- Apply your selling and relationship management skills to drive high-complexity consensus sales, while also having the ability to foster organic growth within an existing partner when necessary
- Build strong relationships with our accounting partners through consultative selling techniques and a collaborative sales approach
- Generate 4x pipeline of qualified opportunities through the use of, but not limited to, proactive outbound call activity, drop-ins, emails, marketing campaigns and hosting events
- Enrich the Xero experience of our accounting partners through thought leadership and continuous education on how to grow their practice and leverage Xero
- Utilize sales enablement tools such as Salesforce
Success looks like
- Successfully recruit accounting partners representative of all tiers of the industry under our win, love, grow model
- Collaborate with our technical team to present end-to-end accounting workflow solutions
- Bring your community to life by facilitating peer-to-peer networking and partner recruit events both in person and virtually
- Understand the buyer: Enthusiasm for the emerging cloud accounting market and its new opportunities
- Building relationships: A natural tendency towards building mutually beneficial partnerships, with an ability to create quick, strong rapport with accountants and other stakeholders
- Drive for results: Results driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Resilience & adaptability: Capacity to learn, adapt and apply ideas in constantly morphing situations
- Collaboration & teamwork: Team-oriented, seeking to be part of a group whose impact is greater than the sum of its parts.
- 5+ years of relationship management experience in a consultative selling environment
- Strong market knowledge of current accounting practice and SMB software competitor platforms
- A high level of awareness for the workings of an accounting practice and systems
- Accounting, Bookkeeping and/or experience selling within that channel a plus
If you would like to hear more about this role and the opportunity to help shape the next phase in the Xero success story, please apply. If it's a good fit, we'll reach out to schedule a phone screen!
Xero is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated.
We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares. Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.