Senior Account Executive at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Sr. Account Executive will support accounts in need of and in support of a broad spectrum of communications infrastructure. The successful candidate will develop customer relationships deep and wide at the C level and drive sales of Connectivity, Colocation, Cloud and infrastructure services to established and greenfield accounts within financial services, legal, consulting and non healthcare insurance verticals. The position is responsible to achieve sales and revenue growth targets through consistent account management & hunting activities, meet monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals set by the leadership team through aggressive selling. The ideal candidate has the ability to work on large, complex deals applying a consultative and trusted advisor approach.
- Generate sales revenue by actively promoting Zayo products and services to targeted account patches.
- Present proposals and manage customers through the sales process.
- Attain high Net Promoter Score results based on excellent customer support in the sales process
- Maintain current business relationships with customers, securing existing revenue on long-term commitments and or selling net new accounts
- Apply knowledge of customers, industry, and services to achieve revenue objectives
- Work with the current Sales team to develop account strategy, solution design, and relationship management on targeted accounts
- Manage high volume of work while maintaining a high degree of responsiveness
- Track, analyze and report on sales performance and activities in Salesforce and other reporting tools
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts of sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain records of customer activity for reporting of sales and forecasts.
- Provide accurate and timely information to management.
- Coordinate closely with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and revenue objectives met.
- Collaboratively work as a part of a team while concurrently performing as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year College; or equivalent combination of education and experience 3+ years’ relevant experience
- Proven ability to build relationships
- Strong financial acumen
- Quick learner who collaborates well with others.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building/maintaining skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A sense of urgency and desire to rapidly accelerate results and career with Zayo Group Sales
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and can work effectively with a diverse group of personalities; must be approachable, show respect for others and be able to present data with effective communication and presentation skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and can work successfully in a matrix management model
- General understanding of account management & the strategic selling process
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus.
- Willingness to learn Zayo Networks value proposition, products, and services such as Ethernet, Waves, IP transport, Dark Fiber, Cloud services/connectivity, and Colocation.
- Ability to travel as required by customers
Base salary range starting at $80,000 - $105,000
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time