Sales Solutions Consultant –Transportation at SambaSafety
What we do:
Recognized as one the Top 100 Tech Companies by Builtin.com and over 4.4-star review on Glassdoor, SambaSafety® is the pioneer of driver risk management software in North America. Trusted by over 2 million subscribed drivers; thousands of businesses look to Sambasafety to provide the most powerful, advanced, intuitive, and impactful risk solution platform on the market. SambaSafety is growing at an incredible rate with high employee engagement. It’s an exciting time to be at Samba. Now is the right time to join our high performing culture. We hope to see you here!
What we’re looking for:
As a Sales Solutions Consultant at SambaSafety, you will work across multiple markets and commercial customers in targeted verticals. You will establish yourself as a trusted advisor and advocate for the customer and will engage in all stages of the sales process. This role will serve as a Subject Matter Expert in the transportation industry and how SambaSafety’s products are used to address common problems. Your expertise ensures all questions get answered and confidence in our solution resonates with the customers. You will support pre-sales conversations by being the technical expert in the capabilities of our platform, how customers utilize it, and the problems it solves for their business. You will communicate the values of the platform to a non-technical audience and help them feel comfortable and empowered with what they've learned.
What you’ll do:
- Be the technical subject matter expert, thoroughly understanding our product’s benefits and features while being able to communicate and sell that to customers
- Discover customer requirements; including use cases, benefit statements, and 3rd party system integrations
- Technically guide channel partners and assist them in effectively selling our solution
- Understand partner features and value to create join value propositions to prospects and vertical markets
- Work as a team with marketing, customer success, and engineering to bring the right resources to any opportunity
- Demonstrate an understanding of what the customer will need in terms of on-going service, and manage expectations on the customer and sales side.
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations and sales presentations that explain key technical aspects of solutions that will benefit customers and prospects.
- Work with the client to problem-solve through every hurdle during the sales process.
- Provide feedback to the team as well as Product Management for process or product improvements as required.
- Work in concert with team members to build the most effective presentations that blend technical facts with tangible benefits.
- Guide and present effective value-based software demonstrations and sales presentations that address customer pain
What we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of transportation industry regulation and compliance requirements (e.g. FMCSA and DOT)
- Drive, energy, and ambition – the triumvirate personality traits that any successful sales professional should have.
- Problem solving skills demonstrated in active sales cycles with prospects and customers
- Technical aptitude with the ability to articulate value
- Story teller that points our solution to the problem we are solving for the prospect or customer
- A competitive nature.
- Sense of urgency.
- Team player.
- Ability to work in a wide range of software programs that support our business (Excel, SalesForce, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Fantastic written communication skills.
What you’ll need:
- Experience working with a sales team and an understanding of what's important and when
- Organization, planning, and prioritization skills
- 3+ years’ experience in business, sales engineer in technology / software / SaaS
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with data visualization tools (eg. PowerBI)
- Solid understanding of the complete sales cycle from prospecting to closing
- Great relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Effectively simplify and communicate complex subject matter – both verbally and written
- Ability to travel 30+%