As a Sales Representative 3 within Federal Healthcare, you will manage sales activities within the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for NetApp Products and Professional Services. You will develop long-term strategies and shorter-term plans to meet revenue goals – as part of the VA account team. You must be extremely results driven, customer focused, technologically savvy, and skilled at building customer relationships, internal relationships and external partnerships focused on these accounts.
• The essential responsibilities are to work directly with customers to capture sales opportunities and to work effectively across functions with the extended NetApp team and partner community through meetings and activities.
• Focus on developing new customer relationships and opportunities within existing accounts and white space accounts and divisions with the full NetApp portfolio through relationship building with your accounts, FSI and partner community.
• Developing business through prospecting, tailoring customer proposals, organizing proof of concepts, responding to RFP/RFIs for NetApp products – leveraging your cross functional NetApp team.
• Managing the sales forecast/pipeline and building a quarterly account plan for VA.
• Keep NetApp key stakeholders informed of key issues and changes which may impact customer satisfaction and expected business results.
• Self-driven within the role and owning the end customer results, since little management interaction at the day to day level.
• Manage ongoing customer relationships to ensure that their needs are being met.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
• Strong relationship building and negotiating skills.
• Strong understanding of software technologies and competitive offerings in the marketplace.
• Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
• An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
• Experience as a Sales Representative with a track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
• Demonstrated experience working with Sales organizations and technical teams.
• Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with C-level executives, both at the customer and partner level
• In addition to a clear understanding of Federal Government Procurement Policies and understanding the appropriate application of Lobbyists, Political Consultants, Marketing and PR Resources and Federal buying cycles.
• Experience which demonstrates a level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell NetApp products and services is required.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Engineering or Computer Science; or equivalent experience is required.
- A Master of Science Degree in Engineering; or an MBA is preferred
5 – 8 years sales experience, Experience with VA - a plus.
- IT Hardware, Software and cloud experience.
- Storage and Storage Management Software sales – a plus
- NetApp Product Experience – a plus
- Cloud Experience – a plus
Federal Program Sales/Capture Experience – a plus.