Sales Representative - Entry Level
Zen Planner serves over 7,000 businesses in the boutique fitness, yoga, martial arts and affiliate gym space, providing business owners everything needed to run a successful gym, school or studio. Zen Planner was acquired by Daxko in 2017 and our best-in-class software is backed by team of nearly 100 likeminded fitness fanatics, outdoors enthusiasts and techies. Zen Planner has received several recognitions for its incredible culture, including Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work five years in a row, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado and Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, to name a few.
Zen Planner is, first and foremost, a community built around a belief that the boutique fitness industry is one of the strongest drivers for holistic health in our society, and no company or group of people is in a better position to grow this industry. It’s us, and we’re going after this.
The Sales Development Representative role is a first point of contact for many of our new customers. This team spends much of their day on the phone calling fitness business owners who are not currently Zen Planner customers, to set them up on demos with our Account Execute sales team who will convert those business owners to customers. The Sales Development team is politely persistent and cheerfully competitive.
No sales experience? No problem. If you have the passion to learn how to sell, we will give you the tools to learn to do it well.
- Manage a high volume (100+ dial target) of outbound calls daily to cold & warm prospects
- Adopt our consultative, non-pushy, untraditional sales methodology
- Fail. A lot. Many times, every day. And know that each failure brings you closure to your next success
- Quickly assess the quality of a prospect to determine the viability of the sales opportunities
- Become an expert on our technology and our target markets
- Set up product demonstration appointments for the Inside Sales team
- Achieve monthly metrics and weekly targets
- Work closely with Sales Manager to constantly improve as a sales person
- Build strong networks in and outside the organization
- Collaborate with the team to develop better solutions to our processes
- Adapt to changes in processes we are always testing new ideas
- Efficient in computer and software skills for research, documentation, and information management
- Confident, enthusiastic phone personality
- Ability to educate prospects in a consultative manner
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Resilient to consistent rejection and dial tones
- Ability to gather information verbally and in writing
- Reliable, strong and positive work ethic
- Strong organization and time management skills and ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree
Additional Experience Preferred
- Passion for fitness or sports: i.e. Crossfit, Personal Training, Athletics, Martial Arts, or Yoga/Pilates
- Prior experience as a fitness instructor, coach, personal trainer
- Prior experience using member management software, CRMs, marketing automation software, Excel
Zen Planner is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.