Sales Ops Manager Senior at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Sales Operations team enables the end-to-end sales experience for all of the merchants in our high-growth Merchant business. We build and manage the tools and sales process used by the largest sales force in the industry to facilitate ~20%+ y-o-y growth across our $4B revenue business. We sit at the center of our commercial and functional teams to build the deal approval process in the complex and heavily regulated payments space and reduce the time to revenue for our payments products and services.
The team operates on an agile methodology to optimize the sales process, rapidly enable process enhancements through our own team of CRM developers, and then report out on sales performance for both executives and sales leaders. The interconnectivity of sales performance management with our underlying systems and processes allows the team to continuously adjust to changing commercial needs.
This year, our team is responsible for delivering on a large-scale Sales Operations transformation meant to bring our commercial teams together onto a single unified set of processes and tools, bringing the best from past acquisitions to set the strategy for future sales motions.
What you will be doing
You will manage a high-performing team through one of the largest sales strategy and process transformations in FIS’s history. You will set the strategy, devise the transformation roadmap, and structure your team to deliver on the program objectives. You will own senior cross-functional relationships to ensure the success of key strategic projects and ongoing success of the largest sales force in the payments industry.
You will lead the process unification for our Enterprise merchants, which include many of the largest and most well-known companies in the world (e.g., Google, Amazon, Disney). In this role, you will work closely with senior sales leaders and functional partners (e.g., Legal, Pricing) to ensure our efforts have the buy-in and adoption from across the organization.
You will be leading a team of 7-9 Sales Operations analysts, who each have their own projects to run and areas of specialization. You will provide guidance, feedback, and coaching to the team to ensure every team member is operating to the best of their ability, and set direction for the team to ensure all projects are operating in a coordinated manner.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage a team effectively, providing regular feedback and creating development opportunities. Address under-performance if necessary and manage the team’s workload and priorities to ensure high productivity and team morale. You will be in charge of interviewing and hiring new team members if vacancies occur
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders around the business, particularly with Commercial teams to ensure strong sales engagement, and functional teams with a large role to play in the sales process
- Communicate clearly, effectively and with authority with FIS Executives. Articulate the value your team is delivering and seek alignment on priorities and proposed solutions
- Manage projects effectively. Create clear project plans, engage a full network of stakeholders across the organization, report on progress and leverage more junior members of the team for support
- Work closely with the Sales Operations CRM & Sales Tools team to identify technical solutions to streamline the sales process, acting as the primary mechanism to translate commercial needs and feedback into tangible system enhancements
- Work with your team to drive innovation and put forward new growth ideas. Build business cases to seek funding as needed
- Identify and track the KPIs best used to gauge process efficiency and diagnose issues. Deliver trackable improvements to key metrics in line with strategy
- Build, maintain, and promote positive professional working relationships with senior leaders across various functions
What you bring:
- 3-4 years in strategy consulting or a related field
- 2+ years of people management, preferably in a large matrix organization; clear skills in coaching and developing more junior members of a team
- Commercially focused, with a desire to drive great outcomes for the business
- Significant experience engaging business executives on a strategic level
- Proactive and strategic thinker, able to look ahead and forsee issues and plan around them
- Excellent organizational skills; able to coordinate across multiple projects and stay on top of details
- Strong analytical skills; able to translate targets into tangible process improvements
- Clear, proactive communicator (both written and verbal); able to listen and work well with others while being confident and assertive where required
- Quick ability to learn new and potentially technical topics, and then communicate this technical detail in a clear and simple way to a range of audiences
- Clearly demonstrated ability to build and leverage strong networks, both internally and externally
- A degree from a good university
Added bonus if you have:
- Technical expertise in payments products or other highly regulated industries
- Familiarity with Salesforce as a CRM system (technical knowledge not required)
- Experience in a cross-functional role requiring alignment across different senior parties in a global organization.
- A degree from a good university
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- High exposure to senior stakeholders from across the Merchant organization
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.