Sales Operations Manager at Melio (Greater Denver Area, CO)
We want YOU to be a founding member of the new Denver FaMelio! As the fastest growing fintech company in the United States, the Melio team is expanding to Denver to continue to impact and aid small businesses across the country. We are looking for collaborative, transparent and hardworking team members to help grow and scale this new office!
As a Sales Operations Manager, you will play a vital role within the go-to-market (GTM) teams at Melio. Working on the larger GTM Operations team, you will be the primary operational partner for one of Melio’s Sales teams and act as a key partner for their team leadership. This role is essential to scale our team and processes and ensure we are approaching the business in an efficient and effective way.
Melio’s Sales teams vary in focus and operational needs, and can include:
- Managing a fast-paced, high-volume inbound flow that requires complex account prioritization and routing logic.
- An understanding of “marketing” and the rhythm of working with Marketing to refine account prioritization, and lead/account statuses (e.g. MQL, SAL, SQL) and how to work with active pipeline, nurture categories.
- Analytics and adjusting processes ongoing to maximize productivity and capacity. Complete data analysis with large data sets to gather insights required to make key business decisions, such as retention/churn analysis, product adoption metrics, account tiering, retention forecasting, account health, NPS, adoption, etc. and set and measure KPIs.
- Easily traversing conversations with Sales reps, sales leadership, Customer Success, Marketing, Salesforce, Partnerships, and Data Analytics teams to advocate for the team and arrive at the right solution for the business,
- Ensuring that the Sales org is operationally prepared to engage with accounts from multiple sources.
- Provide project / program management for internal projects and manage day-to-day operations (e.g., reporting and analysis) as well as acting “internal consultant” for leadership to align on goals and execution.
- Define and document key processes across the Melio Customer Lifecycle (e.g. account handoff, proactive touch points, cross-functional coordination, business reviews)
- You will show success through deep detail orientation, planning, project management, advanced problem solving, performance measurement, communication, domain expertise, and the passion to continue to build our business!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Partner closely with Sales/Customer Success leadership in one of Melio’s sales/CS teams as both a thought partner and operational leader to drive strategy and solutions needed to accelerate growth.
- Act as the operational representative for a Sales/CS organization, engaging with multiple partners and projects across the business (e.g. Marketing events, referral/community programs, Salesforce development, data analytics)
- Consult on and capture/document in-depth business requirements for technology and data analysis needs.
- Engage proactively to build processes and logic, developing requirements for channel Lead prioritization and routing.
- Partner with Enablement to create and sustain training and onboarding materials for Sales and Customer Success.
- Drive process/playbook documentation, and prioritize improvements based on business needs. Define and document key processes across the Melio Customer Lifecycle (e.g. account handoff, proactive touch points, cross-functional coordination, business reviews)
- Support leadership to set goals, targets, measure performance, and workforce/team planning. Customize and create team reports and dashboards for performance monitoring and measurement.
What we’d love to see:
- 4+ years of Sales Operations experience, preferably in a high-growth startup
- Strong understanding of Salesforce and data structures
- Demonstrable experience detailing business requirements for cross-functional projects and internal technology teams to utilize
- Experience with payments management technology, process improvement or workflow implementation is a plus
- Understanding of or experience working with Accountants/Accounting
- Data savvy with excellent skills in Excel/Google Sheets + BI tools, and Salesforce, and helpful to have experience with Sales/CS tools (Truly, Gong, Outreach, CSM, etc.)
- SQL skills and a strong ability to use data to understand workflows and assess operational effectiveness
- Fintech / SaaS experience is a plus
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
- 100% health insurance coverage on selected plans (medical/dental/vision)
- 401K matching
- Flexible PTO
- Weekly lunch perks
- Fitness classes
- Plenty of fun team activities
- Extensive career growth and development opportunities throughout a growing startup
- Base compensation range is $100,000-$120,000 with total compensation for the role including an additional variable component, for up to 100% of the agreed upon base salary
When we started Melio, we wanted to build more than an efficient Accounts Payable tool. We wanted to build a service that helps small businesses keep up with business. Melio is a B2B payments experience that not only saves time but also significantly improves cash flow. We aim to make the payment workflow so simple it helps businesses focus on their customers, not their back office. With a company that works in the heart of Soho, the Melio team has continued to grow exponentially. Our FaMelio is made up of hardworking go-getters. We love to celebrate the successes of our team, and the continued success of our growing company!
Here at Melio, culture is one of our biggest priorities. We champion a team that fosters diversity and inclusivity in all aspects. Regardless of gender, age, race, nationality, sexual orientation, parental status, or disability, Melio will consider all qualified applicants during our process as we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Even if you’re on the fence about applying to an open role, please throw your specs in the mix -- we’d love to connect with you!