Sales Operations Coordinator - Deal Desk at JumpCloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:06 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, June 1, 2021
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 3,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
About the Role
The position plays a key role in the development, delivery, management and continuous improvement of sales training and enablement programs that aim at deal structuring, pricing, quoting, contract management, revenue optimization and competitive win programs. This position will require significant multi-tasking and willingness to take on various sales-related responsibilities as assigned.
- Manage the Deal Operations Function within Revenue Operations and assist with Deal Structuring, Quoting and Pricing, Special Terms and Exception Approvals Management.
- Accelerate deal cycles to close and maximize revenue by partnering with our sales reps in proposal building, pricing, quote generation and opportunity management in an effort to structure profitable and compliant transactions
- Review proposals / quotes and provide sales with deal structure and pricing guidance to optimize profitability, meet strategic corporate goals, and accelerate deal closure.
- Provide proactive support, guidance and creative solutions to the sales team in order to help drive new deals as well as for renewal / up-sell / cross-sell opportunities, while being aware of relevant customer information, provisioning and current billing
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on deal constructs, special pricing, operations, and revenue policies for addressing obstacles to deal closure and other sales escalations.
- Partner and collaborate with cross-functional teams including Sales, Finance, Accounting, Billing, Operations and Legal to review and prepare approval requests for non-standard deal elements and structures.
- Anticipate Sales teams' business needs through regular participation in pipeline reviews and forecast calls
- Be a sales-facing subject matter expert on deal structuring, processes, and policies
- Guide and coach Sales teams in the most efficient, best-practice processes and positions to expedite deal approvals, while protecting the Company’s best interests
- Communicate effectively with various audiences ranging from clients to Sales Management to C-level leadership
- Approve/Reject/Escalate proposals based on thorough analysis and business judgment
What You Should Have:
- 3+ years Deal Desk, Legal, Contract Management, Sales Operations, Finance experience, preferably within a SAAS environment.
- Excellent understanding of subscription-based pricing, professional services, support fees
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition considerations required.
- Strong financial modeling and analysis skills; program and project management skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Must be comfortable presenting business cases and complex pricing proposals to senior executives.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and CPQ quoting and exception approval workflow systems.
- Highly skilled in being the primary orchestration point for deal construction and deal governance across many cross-functional segments
- Excellent comprehension of detailed pricing models and strategies
- Sound decision-making and strategic planning skills to recommend the best course of action for complex pricing situations
- Critical thinking and change management skills within dynamic organizations
- Ability to prioritize and work in high volume environment
- Ability to work well with cross functional teams (Sales, Finance, Accounting, Billing, Operations and Legal) and influence as well as build relationships with these teams.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $50,000-$75,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description