Sales Operations and Finance Associate
Who is Markit Digital
Markit Digital designs, develops and hosts data rich, full featured, and high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients from all over the world. Markit Digital, an IHS Markit company, is hiring a finance and sales operations specialist for our business development team. This is a unique and exciting position located in our Boulder, Colorado, office. You will have the opportunity to work in a professional environment with high profile companies in the finance industry. We are a small, tight-knit, high-energy group responsible for acquisition of new business and accounts, existing client growth and strategic opportunity development.
What you'll do at Markit Digital
As a member of our Business Development team you will play a critical role in how we view our business from a sales and financial perspective. This is an internal role where you will work cross-functionally with finance, sales, executives, and project management, to understand, analyze and communicate current financial status as well as conduct financial analysis for various special projects.
How you'll do it at Markit Digital
The perfect candidate will thrive in a team environment, is self-motivated and is extremely detail-oriented with demonstrated multi-tasking skills and ability to deliver accurately on tight timelines. This position will have a direct impact on our sales and revenue results and work cross-functionally with the IHS Markit sales and sales operations team; the Markit Digital product sales specialists team; the Markit Digital finance partners, including accounting, invoicing and accounts receivable; and the Markit Digital executive team on special projects.
How You’ll Do it Markit Digital
- Knowledge of business office operations, sales pipeline creation, and administrative clerical operations
- Regular tracking and distribution of key sales and revenue pipeline movement to management team on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Analyze sales and revenue pipeline for data cleanliness and establish processes to ensure data accuracy
- Ability to conduct financial analysis on sales and revenue pipeline to identify areas of opportunity
- Financial modeling skills for special projects
- Facilitate the contract signature process between business development, legal and executive team
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement
- Compile and edit Word and PowerPoint presentations for executive team
- Facilitate on-site client meetings for business development team and manage POC schedules.
Desired qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 equivalent experience, preferably in a finance, strategy or sales operations role with a software business
- Expertise in Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite; experience with SAP is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with invoicing, collections and cash flow processes
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with utmost discretion
Where we're going
We rely on a combination of ingenuity and initiative to search for deeper sources of information. The solutions and products we provide give our customers a richer view of their world and the insights they need to make smarter decisions.
We cause an effect on the industries and markets driving the worldwide economy – for leaders in business, finance and governments. As we address today’s most critical business challenges, the positive impacts we are making will be felt for generations to come.