Sales Operations Analyst at Rightway (Remote)
The SOA will be part of the Sales Operations Team, and will be a support role for multiple areas of the Sales Operations Business Unit. Two major areas of support will be: assisting with maintaining and improving the company’s CRM system (Salesforce.com) as well as providing sales enablement measures for Rightway’s Commercial Team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- New user creation and maintenance
- Assist in the management of CRM data
- Ensure CRM data is clean and up to date
- Manage custom fields, triggers, and automations
- Utilize sales tools to ensure data accuracy
- Manage integrations into the Salesforce platform
- Work with Director of Sales Operations to organize legacy reports and dashboards
- Assist with the creation of and maintenance of Organizational dashboards
- Work with the Head of Sales and Director of Sales Operations to build out an all encompassing onboarding checklist for new hires of the Commercial Org
- Schedule onboarding activities for new hires of the Commercial Org
- Implement, manage, and train on sales automation tools (Outreach.io, Seamless.ai, BenefitFlow, Sales Navigator, Salesforce)
- Email content creation for Sales Execs and BDRs
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of process documents related to Commercial Sales
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-3 years of experience in Sales Operations or Sales Enablement
- An outgoing personality and highly-professional approach to customer interaction
- Strong writing and communication skills required
- Detail oriented with the ability to provide regular, thorough reports to management
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Salesforce admin certification
- Healthcare and start-up experience
Rightway is on a mission to harmonize healthcare for everyone, everywhere. Our products guide patients to the best care and medications by inserting clinicians and pharmacists into a patient’s care journey through a modern, mobile app. Rightway is a front door to healthcare, giving patients the tools they need along with on-demand access to Rightway health guides, human experts that answer their questions and manage the frustrating parts of healthcare for them.
Since its founding in 2017, Rightway has raised over $130mm from investors including Khosla Ventures, Thrive Capital, and Tiger Global at a valuation of $1 billion. We’re headquartered in New York City, with a satellite office in Denver. Our clients rely on us to transform the healthcare experience, improve outcomes for their teams, and decrease their healthcare costs.
HOW WE LIVE OUR VALUES TO OUR TEAMMATES:
We’re seeking those with passion for healthcare and relentless devotion to our goal. We need team members that embody our following core values:
1) We are human, first
Our humanity binds us together. We bring the same empathetic approach to every individual we engage with, whether it be our members, our clients, or each other. We are all worthy of respect and understanding and we engage in our interactions with care and intention. We honor our stories. We listen to—and hear—each other, we celebrate our differences and similarities, we are present for each other, and we strive for mutual understanding.
2) We redefine what is possible
We always look beyond the obstacles in front of us to imagine new solutions. We approach our work with inspiration from other industries, other leaders, and other challenges. We use ingenuity and resourcefulness when faced with tough problems.
3) We debate then commit
We believe that a spirit of open discourse is part of a healthy culture. We understand and appreciate different perspectives and we challenge our assumptions. When working toward a decision or a new solution, we actively listen to one another, approach it with a “yes, and” mentality, and assume positive intent. Once a decision is made, we align and champion it as one team.
4) We cultivate grit
Changing healthcare doesn’t happen overnight. We reflect and learn from challenges and approach the future with a determination to strive for better. In the face of daunting situations, we value persistence. We embrace failure as a stepping stone to future success. On this journey, we seek to act with guts, resilience, initiative, and tenacity.
5) We seek to delight
Healthcare is complicated and personal. We work tirelessly to meet the goals of our clients while also delivering the best experience to our members. We recognize that no matter the role or team, we each play a crucial part in our members’ care and take that responsibility seriously. When faced with an obstacle, we are kind, respectful, and solution-oriented in our approach. We hold ourselves accountable to our clients and our members’ success.
Rightway is a healthcare company looking to improve healthcare outcomes for everyone, everywhere. With that in mind, we have to consider what is good for the health of our team, the company, and the communities we operate in. As such, Rightway has determined a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees, in combination with other safety precautions, is the best way forward.
Rightway is PROUDLY an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in strength in the diversity of thought processes, beliefs, background and education and fosters an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated to drive the best business decisions possible. We do not discriminate on any basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the consideration of merit, qualifications, need and performance.