Sales Manager at CircleCI
As the Sales Manager for our Small and Medium Sized Business Sales team, you will be responsible for maximizing the current efforts of your team to prospect and close business, efficiently grow headcount and productivity, and collaborate with the VP of Sales and other stakeholders to improve sales strategy in your market. The SMB segment is one of the most vital at CircleCI, as many customers start their journey with the platform early (Outreach.io, Procore, Acorns, Betterment, etc).What you'll do:
- Lead and assist account executive team in identifying named accounts, establishing consistent sales practices, negotiating contracts, and ultimately closing deals
- Represent the sales team’s issues and ideas for improvement to leadership and third-party stakeholders
- Responsible for monitoring, forecasting, and achieving revenue targets for the SMB segment across the US.
- Collaborate with the sales team on the entire sales process including strategy, lead generation, product trial management, negotiation, contracting, closing, and transition to customer success
- Mentor and coach account executive team, grow their capabilities over time
- Collaborate effectively with internal partners including sales engineers and support engineers, customer success, and product managers
- Accurately track and report on sales metrics, leveraging Salesforce and Outreach.io
- Meet with prospects in the region as needed, travel approximately 15%
- Suggest and implement improvements in the sales administration process
- Use customer feedback to generate ideas about new features or products
- Ensure sales, finance, and legal policies and procedures are met
- Build a trusting, open-communication environment for your team
- Analyze regional market trends and discover new opportunities for growth
- 4+ years of technology sales experience, including 1+ years managing complex deal cycles, and 1+ years managing a team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Passion for sales and technology
- Extensive experience leveraging Salesforce as a manager
- Experience with Sales Engagement platforms (Outreach, etc)
- Experience closing net new deals and assisting in upsell/expansion opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Skilled negotiator with a high close rate
- Preference for candidates who have experience selling technology to technologists (Dev Teams, CTOs, EAs, etc.)
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, Sales/Marketing, or Computer Science preferred
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.