Sales Leadership, Health Insurance at Gusto
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Gusto is on a mission to provide delightful, modern payroll to businesses everywhere. We’re proud to have built a product that our customers love. One of our best strategies for charging toward this mission is to bring on more customers so that we can aid them in expanding their impact. We are looking for people who are inspired by this mission and would be excited to tell this story to prospective customers.
Gusto is actively searching for a dynamic and inspiring sales leader to further accelerate Gusto's growth in the SMB space. You will be responsible for driving new revenue by cross selling Gusto’s benefits solution to our existing client base. The pace in Gusto sales is fast and the landscape we’re playing in ever-changing. We’re looking for someone who is motivated by that and who will bring their experience, creativity and passion for empowering sales professionals to the table every single day.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead a sales team of 8-10 benefit advisors with a focus on development and professional growth
- Coach, motivate and empower the sales team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual quotas
- Cultivate strong sales fundamentals with the benefit advisors, including but not limited to: pipeline management, follow-up and forecasting
- Help refine and further develop our strategy: scale revenue from both our direct and indirect sales channels in a cost-effective way
- Measure and report on sales effectiveness against targets and adjust motions and strategies as necessary
- Partner with our Sales Insights and Operations team to continuously improve team performance through increased effectiveness and efficiency
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Product leadership to identify market opportunities, drive leads and pipeline progression, and help shape the product vision and strategy
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of sales management experience at a high-growth technology company, ideally in health benefits space
- A leader that inspires their team: Proven ability to build a performance and trust based culture; attract, coach, and retain top talent
- A competitive spirit who likes to win: Track record of consistently exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- A lover of change: Experience managing change and ambiguity, taking ownership and creating structure
- A fan of speed: Ability to successfully operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment experiencing rapid growth
- Experience selling employer sponsored health plans preferred
- Active Health and Life Insurance license, or the ability to get licensed upon hire
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- This role is based in Denver
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.