Sales Executive at Stack Overflow
Stack Exchange is making the Internet a better place to get expert answers to your questions by helping communities build Q&A sites. It started with Stack Overflow for programming-related questions and answers, and now we've expanded to more than 100 expert sites focused on topics like cooking, photography, and the English language. We’re consistently one of the Internet’s top 50 most trafficked sites, and we’re just getting started.
Stack Overflow Careers matches great programmers on Stack Overflow with great jobs. Programmers create profiles highlighting their work on Stack Overflow, which gives employers an in-depth look at their expertise. Employers search for programmers by location, objective, and skills, and screen them based on peer-reviewed work.
As a representative of Stack Overflow Careers, you’ll be responsible for the full sales cycle and will grow business through the sale of digital job advertisements and subscription access to our resume database. You’re a Smart & Gets Things Done sales-minded individual who can customize your sales approach when dealing with clients ranging from startups to the Fortune 100. You want to be with a collaborative team where your experiences, your effort, and ideas will matter. You’re relaxed yet professional, eloquent yet casual, and pleasant yet persuasive. Most importantly, you want to believe in the product you’re selling and take a personal interest in the growth of Careers.
What you’ll do:
- Develop new business on Stack Overflow Careers and sustain a stable sales pipeline
- Prospect new business via phone, email, social media, and networking
- Tailor proposals for each prospect based on their specific needs
- Manage accounts and develop them to their full potential
- Be a humble and level-headed advocate, always acting in the best interest of each client
What you’ll need to have:
- College degree (BA/BS) with GPA of 3.0+
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant sales experience
- Experience with digital advertising, SaaS sales/marketing, and/or account management preferred
- Strong cold calling, networking, and business development skills
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation in a web based CRM (Salesforce)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary + uncapped commission
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this: Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.