Sales Executive - Virtus Solutions at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Virtus North America Sales team is made up of seasoned and experienced top performing salespeople who have domain knowledge and expertise in the credit market with specialization in leveraged loans. We take a consultative approach to selling bundled solutions that cross multiple products and include both technology and services.
The leveraged loan market is at an all-time high in terms of outstanding issuance. Investment managers are looking for scalable operations and technology solutions with rich data to help them make more informed investment decisions. Virtus from FIS is uniquely positioned to address this direct need in the credit market with an unparalleled suite of solutions.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for covering a list of assigned prospective accounts that have no existing business with the firm today.
You will be responsible for effectively penetrating C-suite and management level contacts at each firm.
You will be responsible for qualifying leads by gathering information on a prospect’s existing infrastructure, business model, and third-party relationships.
You will be responsible for understanding the competitive landscape in the leveraged loan space and differentiating our products and services to win business
- Responsible for leading the company’s efforts in sales calls, presentations, demonstrations, proof of concepts, internal training, assessing services and proposals related to our products
- Build annual strategic sales plans around potential buyer client segments including CLO managers, direct lenders, insurance companies, investment banks, registered investment advisors, and regional banks with measurable goals, calling plans, opportunity sets, and strategies
- Apply a consultative approach and ability to direct our resources in analyzing customers’ business and technology requirements and developing customized and bundled solutions to fit the needs of our clients
- Monitor and understand customer needs, market and economic trends as well as business opportunities and threats in order to identify needs and opportunities in the market and drive revenue growth
- Partner with functional leaders (Product, Client Services, Marketing, Executive Management) to ensure full leverage of all available resources to drive value and secure top positions in the structured credit, middle office outsourcing, direct lending, and front office technology spaces
What you bring:
- You will have comprehensive knowledge and experience of the sale cycle and business development process, which includes maintaining close relationships with prospects, facilitating and coordinating internal resources to deliver best-in-class demo’s and presentations, and following through on opportunities through execution
- You will have a deep list of relevant contacts and relationships in the credit space that would be well suited for our suite of solutions
- You will understand the credit space and structured finance, including familiarity with deal structures, operational and technological requirements, and competitors
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working at a competitor or another firm in the Structured Credit (CLO) industry
- Experience working with Product Management to give our products a competitive advantage.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential (upon entering a full sales executive role)
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.