Sales Executive - Cannabis Brands
Job Family: Sales
Job Type: Full-time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Sales
Location: BDS Analytics HQ – Boulder, CO
BDS Analytics is looking for a Business Development Manager to join the sales organization focused on Cannabis Brands. As part of the team, you will be surrounded by empowered and driven sales leaders. You will be joining an organization that brings to market the most robust cannabinoid (cannabis) data and insights. You will be Cannabis Brands.
We are looking for a dynamic seller who is client focused with a strong background in independent sales performance, data driven SaaS solutions, and an understanding of the cannabis industry. We are looking for a leader who can individually prospect, pitch and close sales. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of creating and growing a pipeline, closing sales, building strong relationships, advising on product opportunities to generate further revenue, and understanding and assessing client business needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a record of building a pipeline, converting leads to sales, and exceeding revenue targets
- Identify new business opportunities through your established network, analysis of the market, and existing knowledge of the landscape
- Use a consultative sales process to bring visibility to BDS Analytics’ capabilities in a relevant manner to the client
- Understand and assess a clients’ objectives, pain points, and opportunities in order to determine the appropriate BDS Analytics’ solution
- Operate comfortably across different client disciplines from Sales, Marketing, R&D, Insights, Analytics, Finance, Corporate Strategy, M&A, Legal etc.
- Be interested, curious, and an expert on the ever-evolving global cannabinoid market
- Partner with the BDS Analytics’ marketing team to gather, develop and polish the assets needed to build credibility, a pipeline, and convert leads
- Partner with the BDS Analytics’ product team to advise products necessary to “win” in your sector
Job-Related Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of successful experience in revenue-focused Business Development or Sales role within the cannabis, data solutions, or marketing services industry
- Knowledge of and/or experience in Consumer Packaged Goods, Beverage Alcohol, Cannabis, Financial Services industry (preferred)
- Knowledge of and/or experience selling market research or data solutions (preferred)
- Ability to interface directly with clients and travel at least 35%
- Powerful presentation skills – in person, web demos, over the phone – with presence and purpose
ABOUT BDS ANALYTICS
BDS Analytics is the premier market research firm serving the global cannabinoid (cannabis) market. We work with brand, retailers, investors inside and outside of the cannabinoid industry to deliver insights and analytics. We provide trusted insights and trends on consumers and non-consumers, global market size and evolution, category size, brand and product market share, and more.
Conditions of Employment: Pre-employment background check
Work Environment: Normal office environment
Relocation: Not Offered
Boulder/Denver Candidates only
BDS Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.