Sales Engineer at DAT Freight & Analytics (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DAT is an award-winning employer of choice and a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 44 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 227 million freight posts in 2021, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. DAT is headquartered in Denver, CO. We have a second campus in the Portland, OR area, where we got our start four decades ago, and we have additional offices in Springfield, MO and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.
DAT Solutions is seeking a Sales Engineer to join our Data and Analytics team.
The Analytics group is responsible for the successful development and implementation of custom data feeds and deliverables that feed our DATiQ platform, the contribution of data and insights to our Marketing department for publication ideas up to and including penned articles for our website, and the collaboration with our formal Data Sciences department informing and responding to their research initiatives.
What You’ll Do
- Provides support and technical expertise to internal account reps demoing new custom data products, conveying needs to Analytics team, and fulfilling all process requirements for getting new data feeds to customers
- Coordinates cross-departmentally, as well as with external customers, all pre and post sale logistics including statements of work, allocations, user profiles and onboarding
- Coordinates with the Analytics team for enhancements and continuous improvement of DAT’s reporting and data capabilities in line with incoming and future customer requests, organizational bandwidth, and research and development projects coming from the Analytics team.
- Maintains and grows customer relations by establishing rapport with key customer stakeholders and determining specific customer needs vs. existing and future DAT capabilities
- Utilizes marketplace and product knowledge by discussing product features and benefits as a key technical resource for the sales teams across the organization
- Recommends changes in products, services, processes, and policy to Sales and and Product Management
The Skills and Experience You’ll Bring
- Academic or professional experience in quantitative fields of study such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, or data science
- 2+ years' experience in an analytical role in consulting, technology, or transportation industry
- Ability to appropriately contextualize relatively sophisticated statistical and technical concepts with customers and colleagues at all levels of an organization
- Ability use large datasets for creative data visualization efforts
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of relational databases and data structures
- Ability to travel to meet with customers and to industry events, up to 15%
- Fluency with a business intelligence platform (Tableau, Power BI, Excel, etc.)
- Direct transportation industry experience within a larger freight brokerage, carrier, or shipper would help a successful candidate hit the ground running
For Colorado-based candidates, in compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the minimum salary for this role is $70,000.00 + benefits. The maximum compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your job-related skills and experience. DAT considers factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education and training, core skills, internal equity, and market and business elements when extending an offer.
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)