At Flatfile, we believe that humans shouldn’t have to struggle to use the data that drives our work forwards. We create beautiful, human-centric experiences to remove the barriers between people and data. We’re automating every repetitive and painstaking process involved in teaching machines what data is and where it should go.
What do a grocery store, an early-stage e-commerce startup, and Fortune 500 insurance company all have in common? They are all Flatfile customers, for one.
Regardless of segment or geography, accessing usable data quickly is a baseline requirement for operating your business today. Flatfile serves as a crucial bridge between messy, 3rd party data and our customers’ systems. We call this data onboarding, and we view it as both a challenge and an opportunity to serve every company in the world.
About the role
Sales Engineering at Flatfile is a critical component of our Go-to-Market engine. We partner with Account Executives to help win more deals, while also helping improve our sales motions for greater efficiency and growth. We are agents of change, constantly improving our product expertise and knowledge of use cases, then sharing our insights with Enablement and Product teams to support Flatfile’s evolution.
In this role, you’ll be the primary technical resource for the Sales Team, helping Account Executives deliver compelling product demonstrations that speak to prospective customer use cases. As a founding member of the Sales Engineering team, you will help shape how we sell, and help improve our processes and enablement materials over time as our products and market evolve.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Flatfile’s products and use cases, with enough proficiency to deliver customized product demonstrations, and answer technical questions from prospective customers
- Help onboard new Account Executives and help ensure the entire team is up to date on their product knowledge
- Provide feedback to Enablement and Product teams to help improve processes, collateral and products
- 2-3 years Sales Engineering (or similar) experience for a B2B SaaS offering, ideally with some or all of that time spent selling a developer-focused product
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including experience running demos and presenting to customers, and creating documentation shared/used by teams
- Basic level knowledge of databases and data structures
- A keen eye for identifying opportunities for improvement and ability to influence internal teams through effective communication
- Experience at an early stage or high growth startup and comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity
- Additional development experience in one or more server side programming languages (Node.js, Python, Ruby etc)
- Ability to lead group training sessions (most regularly for Sales) and create basic training materials to support them
Our goal is to be the best remote company in the world. We take this very seriously and aim to treat every employee like a million-dollar hire.
We’re team-focused here: we look for great teammates (not just great individuals) and strive to be a place where you’re surrounded by the best people in your career, where we all make each other better.
What we offer . . .
* The best tools to do your work, including a Mac laptop and top-of-the-line hardware.
* Unlimited discretionary vacation, and recommend a minimum of 3 weeks
* Comprehensive healthcare plans (including Vision and Dental), with fully covered options for you and your dependents
* 24/7 access to a Health Advocate
* Free annual membership to One Medical in participating regions
* Short term disability insurance
* 12 weeks of paid parental leave
* 401k retirement plan, with 100% matching for up to 3% and a 50% match for the next 2%
* Equity options
Read Full Job Description