Sales Engineer, SaaS
Greater Boulder Area
At KPA (www.kpaonline.com) we are passionate about what we do, how we do and why we do it. Our culture is driven by the KPA core values – Excellence, Agility and Teamwork. Success will be determined by the capabilities, energy and character of the people we bring into our organization and the performance they achieve.
Come join our team of talented professionals and work with a company that appreciates and rewards people who make a difference.
KPA has an immediate opening for a competitive, “rock star” sales engineer with a desire to take on new challenges and work in a transformative environment with unlimited opportunity. As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible for working with prospective customers to fully understand their business requirements and identify how these can be met by KPA’s suite of products and services alongside the broader sales team. You will prepare and conduct product presentations and demonstrations, effectively representing the software’s capabilities and their relevance to the prospective client’s key objectives.
Due to the nature of the role, you should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and supporting simultaneous sales campaigns as well as assist in the transition of newly won business to colleagues in client success, field consulting and support. In addition, you will offer customer feedback to KPA’s Product Management and Product Marketing teams to further enhance our product offerings.
The unique challenge of this role requires excellence in three major categories:
1. Taking the role of “Technical Hero” providing pre-sales support by proactively scoping solutions using KPA products, supplying technical answers that our sales teams rely on and ensuring the “technical close” in the sales process.
2. Being the voice from the field providing intelligence on what our clients are doing with our products to improve their business.
3. Arming the sales team with great content to sell world-class products and identify new ways to use KPA products to best deliver business solutions jointly with our clients.
This is a challenging, exciting role that will test your commercial and technical skills, strategic thinking capabilities, and ability to remain focused and follow-through on plans.
More specifically, you would:
- Become the technical subject expert matter expert on KPA’s suite of safety and compliance products, features, functions;
- Work closely with our mid-market customers to identify and solve their most critical business problems;
- Support the sales team by conducting discovery calls and product demonstrations for our active deals, while being able to share that knowledge with audiences at all levels (from end-user to C-suite);
- Educate clients and prospects on how KPA can potentially fit into their safety and compliance ecosystem and provide value;
- Lead the creation/execution of specific demonstrations and proof of concepts;
- Collaborate with sales team members on competitive sales strategies/tactics;
- Assist in sales training to heighten sales team knowledge of product capabilities;
- Provide insights into competitors, sales tactics, and sales techniques;
- Attend conferences and tradeshows as part of the event contingent preparing and delivering presentations, product demonstrations, and fielding queries from clients and prospects;
- Develop, or assist in the development, of technical sales materials and tools.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a sales engineering, solutions engineering, or technical consultant role (SaaS experience preferred);
- A sales mindset and ability to match the KPA value proposition with a prospect’s pain;
- Strong attention to quality of work produced, ensuring excellence and always seeking ways to improve outputs;
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills and the ability to think quickly when responding to questions;
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment; motivated by helping others and knowledge sharing within the team;
- Proficient working with Salesforce.com, MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated work ethic and consistent over-achievement
- Ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter
- Previous experience and understanding of document generation and business process automation a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science or Engineering discipline preferred
KPA is a proven SaaS technology and services partner for corporate compliance and human resource professionals seeking opportunities to raise productivity, control expense, and mitigate financial and reputational risk via business process automation, improved safety and workplace compliance, and better HR practices. With KPA’s proven portfolio of end-to-end solutions and operational best practice clients can unlock opportunities to drive down costs, mitigate risk, and enhance the employee experience at a lower cost than clients can achieve internally.
Founded in 1986, KPA is owned by Providence Equity Partners, a top-tier private-equity company, and is focused on delivering SaaS solutions to the small and mid-size business (“SMB”) markets. KPA is a major competitor in a fragmented $4B market with significant “tail wind” of 10% annual market growth.
As a growing company KPA values its employees by supporting them with a full benefits package including:
- Medical (both PPO and HSA plans available)
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) match
- Life Insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
Read Full Job Description