Sales Engineer II at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:42 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, December 19, 2019
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup building Mach-2.2 passenger airliners. Think Concorde but 75% more affordable to fly. Imagine a day trip from New York to London—3h15 each way. Fly to London for a business meeting and be home in time to tuck your children into bed. Boom's first prototype will rollout by summer of 2020.
Boom’s outstanding team comes from places like Amazon, SpaceX, Scaled Composites, and Virgin Galactic. Team members have collectively contributed to 40+ new air and space vehicles, including the Falcon 9, Virgin SpaceShipTwo, and the Joint Strike Fighter.
The company is backed by venture capital firms including Emerson Collective, Y Combinator, Caffeinated Capital, and SV Angel as well as individuals including Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Ron Conway, Michael Marks, and Greg McAdoo.
At Boom, you’ll have world-class colleagues and a flexible work environment. We don’t punch a clock, offer unmetered vacation time, and value our employees’ comprehensive well-being.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
We are seeking a Sales Engineer that can provide support to our sales department in a technical manner such as cost analysis, aircraft performance analysis, research and studies.
- Prepares airline cost of operations studies include cost projections and life cycle studies
- Researches and prepares competitive analysis
- Creates and maintains and aircraft database while researching statistics, manufacturers and business analytics
- Creates aircraft performance and economic analysis studies
- Remains current on subject matters concerning the market, consulting, researching, studying specialized publications, taking part in courses, seminars, conventions, etc.
- Maintains external contacts with sales representatives, clients, industry consultants, etc., as well as with interface areas, providing/obtaining information, analyzing and evaluating different subjects related to services developed
- Supports Sales & Marketing campaigns and ensure technical aspects are accurately portrayed
- Participates in sales meetings, tradeshow,events and conferences
- Prepares airline route analysis
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Engineering or related fields preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in a sales engineering function preferred
- Aviation experience required
- MS Proficient and Google Docs
- Very good with reports and creating presentations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work without direct and immediate supervision
- Ability to travel 15-20%
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description