From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We’re looking for Commercial Sales Engineers to partner with our Sales team as a technical ace in the hole. You’ll work one-on-one with both external prospective customers and internal Sales team members to help discuss how Fivetran fits within their technology strategy. You’ll have an understanding of how Fivetran is architected and a clear understanding of how Fivetran is best used in data stacks. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to invent and implement creative solutions for edge-case issues.
This is a full time position and occasional Denver office attendance is required.What You’ll Do:
- Support sales teams with deep technical knowledge and understanding of Fivetran product offerings and data space.
- Serve as the technical liaison between sales and product/engineering teams.
- As the customer facing technical lead, this role acts as the primary resource in solving technical issues and inquiries in pre-sales and onboarding processes.
- Proactively engage with product and engineering teams on roadmap, soliciting and sharing customer/prospect feedback where necessary.
- Assist in documentation efforts around Fivetran product offerings, internal knowledge base, and training resources.
- Technical experience as a database administrator, backend engineer, or IT services within an enterprise or tech startup
- A solid understanding of the modern data stack
- Passion to serve as a technical resource by partnering with sales to respond with correct and prompt information to prospective customers
- Experience successfully demonstrating and articulating the value of Business Intelligence and Analytics tools
- Proficiency in SQL programming
- Knowledge in Python/Java and API interaction
- Ability to influence technical audiences in their language, and influence business audiences by translating complex technology concepts into easy to understand terminology
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with your team and stakeholders to drive a deal forward
- Passion for data and analytics, a philosophy of using technology to help solve business problems
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills
- Curiosity to learn and assimilate technical information quickly, enthusiasm to share and teach others
- Available for up to 10% regional travel
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- Stock equity -- every employee is granted stock options when they walk in the door
- Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.