Sales Director at Xactly Corp
Job Title: Sales Director
Position Type: Full time
Position Level: Mid-level
Location: Denver, CO
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly's comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As one of Xactly's Sales Managers, you will be responsible for managing and developing a team of eight-ten high-performing Account Executives. As our Sale Leader, you are responsible for setting overall strategy, driving comprehensive territory and account planning and deal execution to achieve success. You must be an energetic, motivated, metrics-driven, and detail-oriented mentor who is accomplished and passionate about growing teams and developing top performers for future growth and success at Xactly.
Xactly's Sales Leadership team is tight-knit and rapidly growing with diverse backgrounds--we're seasoned Salespeople who are passionate about the teams we lead, our product and, most importantly, our customers. We are dedicated to and excited about the opportunity to bring game-changing software to sales teams and organizations around the globe. We are in the weeds with our teams, ensuring they get the support, tools, training, coaching, and mentorship they need to succeed and grow.
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years of sales management experience, prior experience in a consultative SaaS environment strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed quota as both an individual contributor and Sales Manager
- Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding quota
- Must be data driven and results oriented with an eye for detail
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to coach, develop and inspire a team
- Ability to work effectively within a highly matrixed organization and to establish strong relationships across all functions
- Must be able to thrive in a very fast paced and evolving environment
- Excellent presentation and listening skills, as well as written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- A student of sales, marketing and analytics
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to grow business
- High energy and a positive attitude a must
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL
- Get your bearings and begin to build a strong foundation, upon which to grow
- Build relationships with internal business partners including Sales peers and leaders, Marketing, Sales Ops, Recruiting and Executives
- Gain a strong understanding of Sales Performance Management space and the business challenges Xactly solves
- Meet with current members of the Sales team individually to understand what's working, what's not and gather learnings to implement into your role
- Start developing an in depth sales strategy for your team
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Have a strong understanding of the business, and begin teaching us a thing or two we don't know
- Hire, develop, manage and motivate a team of hunter Account Executives selling into existing and new Commercial accounts
- Evaluate the efficacy of the existing Account Executives on the team. Who is calibrated? How can we improve this calibration to meet revenue targets?
- Internalize and espouse the Xactly product suite clearly and persuasively to a variety of different audiences, including C-Level executives
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Begin to implement the vision for change/impact that you have been developing over the past 6-months
- Be an expert at setting expectations with senior sales management through timely and accurate forecasting, pipeline and sales activity reporting
- Continue to be a mentor and leader by supporting sales professionals, as required, during any stage of the sales cycle: lead generation, qualification, evaluation, and close
- Develop and execute a sales plan that supports short and long term goals
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL
- At 12-months, you will be seen as a well-versed, trusted business-advisor and expert, making a significant positive impact company-wide
- Begin to assist as a mentor, leader, or coach to other new peers of the team
- Identify further personal education opportunities to increase your business and instructional acumen
- Exceed team revenue goals and have fully ramped up new Account Executives who are on track to exceed quota goals
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Parking & Commuter Benefits
- Up to (3) Days Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match
THE XACTLY STORY
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We achieve this by following our vision: Unleashing human potential to maximize company performance. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we're committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.