Sales Director Senior - Vertical Sales at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Growth Verticals - Fintech team is responsible for net new business sales as well as, new sales to FIS's current Fintech customers and prospects.
The team builds strong relationships throughout a corporation's executive ranks through face-to-face and virtual strategic discussion. We understand the company's strategy and align FIS solutions and services to their strategy to build solid relationships and a successful long-term partnership.
What you will be doing
You will be using your leadership and delivery experience on large complex projects as well as your strong understanding of Investment Banking operations, technology and change landscape. Ideal experience would be in a consulting environment and having the ability to manage client relationships across complex client organizations. We are looking for capability & drive to be a hands-on project / delivery manager; we need hands-on people comfortable with working in the detail when required. In this role you will be responsible for:
- You'll be responsible for leading the team, and to help bring everything together to both effectively sell and close business
- Manage your team's overall pipeline and forecast, ensuring timely updates and reporting when required.
- Assisting with and conducting sales campaigns with your team
- Appropriately leveraging company resources and senior executives to achieve sales and revenue objectives.
- Regularly engage with senior sales and business leadership on progress against defined objectives, business opportunities, and needs of your team and customers.
- Coach and support team, and where appropriate, directly lead active engagement in negotiating and bringing sales to a successful conclusion.
- Development and support of Account Planning to further understanding of the client's strategy, development of C-level relationships, and coordination of a high touch relationship between FIS executives and the accounts, and issue resolution leadership.
- Ensure quality customer relationship management includes demonstrating customer-sensitive practices within accounts to support trust in FIS and advance our account presence.
- Actively work with recruiting and your network to attract high caliber candidates
What you bring:
- Knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to position FIS to sell large solutions.
- Understands the Fintech industry and market and integrates this knowledge into insight-based selling.
- The ability to train and educate others.
- Focus on delivering results.
- Account planning and sales forecasting skills.
- Inspires accountability and teamwork.
- Ability to work in a large, multi-faceted organization.
- Focused on growth through innovation.
- Collaborates with management and sales teams in shared accounts to ensure seamless integration of specialist sales with other sales activities.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts. Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of successful sales leadership in the financial services industry.
Added bonus if you have:
- Extensive selling experience within the software and services sector
- MBA Degree
- Experience selling into Fintech companies
- Well-versed in sales effectiveness techniques and strategies.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.