Sales Director - Commercial Lending at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Why should you join our team?! You will be joining a team comprised of comprised of the industry’s top sellers, professionals, and winners. It is an exciting time to join our team because of the major growth in the commercial lending industry, the massive investment FIS is putting in coupled with concrete career growth opportunities. You will get the opportunity to direct a team of experience sellers delivering our FIS Commercial Lending Suite. This Suite delivers a complete solution for the entire commercial loan process with the choice of built-in workflow and analytics or specific modules for individual needs. Our technology supports both the customer’s interactions and the entire process behind the scenes, making it easy to adapt to market disruption, differentiate from the competition.
What you will be doing
Direct and control activities of a broad functional area through several sellers. Manage a team of experienced sellers in the commercial lending domain across banks and various financial institutions. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods. Participates with other senior managers in establishing strategic sales plans and objectives, makes final decisions on administrative/operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the business and/or industry. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and sales plans/strategies meet corporate requirements. Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization. Typically requires ten plus years management experience as well as strong experience in a sales related discipline. Potential to grow and build a strong leadership career.
Provides leadership for area of responsibility including planning, coaching, recruiting, selection, performance development and mentoring.
- Monitors staff performance, works with employees to implement goals and document progress, approves incentive compensation calculations and works with Human Resources on employee related issues.
- Responsible for activities involved in selling products and/or services, developing new accounts and/or expanding existing accounts.
- Directs resources in a cost-effective, innovative manner including assisting sales executives in effective use of resources and tools.
Identifies critical market segments through market research and competitor analyses and recommends sales strategies for improvement.
- Oversees trade show participation and participates in planning of sales meetings.
- Encourages staff to participate in product/service as well as industry related educational opportunities to strengthen and improve skill levels and ability to service customers.
- May assist sales executives in attaining revenue goals including the development of tactical and strategic plans to create and close product/service opportunities.
What you bring:
- A very solid understanding and expertise in the commercial lending industry
- Ability to work and lead big deals including outsourcing deals and Lift outs
- Strong management, organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision and executive presence
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education training or work experience.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential (upon entering a full sales executive role)
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.