Sales Director - Aerospace & Defense at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
The Sales Director is responsible for leading a team of highly experienced sales professionals to drive strategic growth in the areas of Aerospace & Defense for Arrow’s western US region.
At Arrow, we hold a high regard for the distinguished service and dedication of our current and former military service members. Our strategic partnerships with outfits such as Hire our Heroes, MSEP, and USO Pathfinder allow us to continue providing valuable career opportunities to those individuals that serve and protect us. To learn more about our Veteran Outreach and military partnerships please visit: https://careers.arrow.com/us/en/veterans
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for the strategy and execution of their respective Sales Team, providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum sales, profitability and growth. As the leader for the Arrow, the Director, Sales creates a vision for their team and ensures their effectiveness by organizing analytics, improving processes and meeting and exceeding SLAs. The position creates an environment of unified vision between vendor and Arrow and acts as an advocate to spread vendors sales strategy throughout business. The Director, Sales has an expert knowledge of the business, and is able to leverage Arrow’s strengths to build relationships and grow our brand. Responsible for mentoring, developing and motivating their Sales team; creates a high performance culture and a pipeline of successors to all leadership positions within their team.
- Leadership: Recruit, hire and mentor top sales management talent. Sets the tone for their Sales Team through professional demeanor and appropriate responsiveness to the organization. Creates an environment of unified vision between vendor and Arrow's customer service and sales capacity. Strategically manages vendor and customer relationships. Ensures high potential talent on their teams through guiding managers on recruiting, hiring, performance reviews, development plans and promotional opportunities.
- Sales: Creates a vision and strategy for respective business/sales team, provides leadership in achieving maximum sales, profitability and growth. Uses sales data, SLAs and metrics to implement systems and processes to grow and improve sales team. Has a Senior-Level understanding of the marketplace and trends, able to find solutions to shortcomings in sales numbers through actively managing opportunities. Ensures their Sales Team is meeting the expectations of the business unit by measuring performance results against goals.
- Relationship Building: Creates a partnership with vendor and customers with trust and respect as foundational elements. Dedicated to leveraging relationships to enhance brand, sales and profitability. Acts with vendors, customers and Arrow in mind during all decision making.
- This job profile requires the assignment and participation in a sales compensation plan. A portion of OTE will be variable and tied to specific sales-related goals as set forth by Arrow.
What We Are Looking For:
- Requires a minimum of 10-15 years of Sales and/or Business Development experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, or similar.
- Minimum 6-8 years in a strategic leadership role; responsible for building and developing a team of high-quality salespeople.
- Minimum 5 years of industry related experience in the areas of Aerospace & Defense.
- A proven track record of developing sales pipelines, exceeding quotas, and YoY growth.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to coordinate numerous projects simultaneously while balancing competing priorities.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a budget and project from conception to completion.
- Global experience a plus.
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Generous compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401K, With Matching Contributions
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Bike Racks
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)