Sales Development Representative
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is primarily responsible for generating new business through outbound outreach and conducting high-level conversations with prospect accounts to fuel Zayo’s growth. As part of the sales team, this individual will be responsible for generating qualified leads by penetrating Zayo’s base of prospect accounts that have little to no traction. The role will include cultivating prospects, following up on leads, arranging meetings with the Account Management team, preparing and delivering sales presentations, acting as a subject matter expert in all product/service offerings, and assisting the Account Manager in driving the sales cycle to closure. Success will be measured by the number of qualified sales opportunities generated and new deals closed.
- Contact potential customers through cold calls and emails
- Identify and qualify leads
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Managers
- Meet monthly, quarterly and annual KPIs set by the leadership team, through aggressive prospecting and selling
- Manage a high volume of work while maintaining a high degree of responsiveness.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Zayo’s products and services offerings.
- Interact with potential customers to educate them about the features and benefits of our products.
- Bring a willingness to offer innovative ideas and participate in a dynamic work environment
- Proactively and diligently pursue customer engagement and report on success as it occurs
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Proven ability to build relationships
- Quick learner who collaborates well with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts in simple, understandable terms
- Consistent focus on results and goal achievement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Salesforce experience desired but not required
- Ability to handle ambiguity, and anticipate and quickly react to changes in a fast-paced environment
- A sense of urgency and desire to rapidly accelerate results and career
- Systems thinker with strong organizational skills who can pull all the pieces together; understands diverse customer business models, major trends and business drivers in the target industry and translates those needs into solutions Zayo can provide
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave