Matillion is data transformation for cloud data warehouses. We are a company with all 5-star customer product reviews on AWS Marketplace and all 5-star employee reviews on Glassdoor. Matillion is dual-headquartered in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado and we are expanding the teams across all functions globally.
As a company we are confident without arrogance, customer obsessed and care about our people and communities. With rapid growth for the rest of 2019 and all of 2020, we are looking for people to join Matillion who share our integrity, drive, and passion.
Matillion, a company with all 5-star customer product reviews on AWS Marketplace and all 5-star employee reviews on Glassdoor; are expanding the teams across all functions globally. As a company we are confident without arrogance, customer obsessed and care about our people and communities. With rapid growth underway for 2019, we are looking for people to join Matillion who share our integrity, drive, and passion. Within our Denver office, we are looking for a Sales Development Representative to join #TeamGreen.
Matillion is built around small development teams with responsibility for specific themes and initiatives. A Sales Development Representative will be responsible for driving revenue and customer acquisition for Matillion by prospecting inbound leads and qualifying opportunities within assigned geographic territory.
Prospecting Inbound Leads
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding personal quota of meetings held with qualified prospects per month to drive revenue and customer acquisition.
- Effectively manage all inbound leads from the territory and actively prospect for new customers.
- Prospect and develop inbound leads, overcome objections, understand prospects’ needs, qualify them.
- Make a high volume of phone calls and emails sent (50+ calls per day)Follow up on demand-generation activities such as webinars, conferences, field marketing events, partner events, etc.
- Analyze customer needs in regards to current business obstacles, identify opportunities and determine potential for Matillion solutions.
- Manage Drift live-chat on company website to qualify and schedule sales calls with website visitors.
- Diligently maintain Salesforce CRM environment by regularly updating lead records and activity.
Teaming For Success
- Build strong working relationships with all teams within Matillion; sales, marketing, solution architecture.
- Share best practices with other SDRs, collaborate with other members of sales organization to maximize productivity.
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required - Essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college.
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required - Desirable
- Sales/Sales Development experience.
- Experience using Salesforce or similar enterprise CRM system.
- Experience working within enterprise software development industry.
- Foundational understanding of Cloud computing technology and a utility pricing model.
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Passion for technology and an entrepreneurial spirit‘Go-getter’ mentality with a desire to advance career in sales.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and with multiple departments.
- Strong public speaking/presentation skills .
Find out more about Matillion
Our purpose-built data transformation products for Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, and Snowflake are trusted by over 500+ businesses all over the world, including GE, Siemens, Converse and Citrix, making us an industry leader. Businesses are generating more data than ever before, across a variety of source systems. They need new and more efficient ways of consolidating and transforming your data sources in order to make better, more informed decisions and in turn, gain competitive advantage. Matillion helps businesses of all sizes handle the variety, volume, and velocity of their data, by transforming data across various sources into cloud data warehouses.
When we hire at Matillion, we hire people not roles. We are interested in growing our team whilst protecting our culture, with dedicated and passionate individuals who share our values. The Matillion values are the same across all roles, functions, and geographies.
1. We are Confident without Arrogance: We take pride in what we do but we stay humble.
2. We work with Integrity: We have a strong moral compass; we are transparent, and we hold ourselves accountable.
3. We are Customer Obsessed: We will always go above and beyond, to listen to, acknowledge and value our customers.
4. We Innovate and Demand Quality: We believe no product, process or individual is finished.
5. We have a Bias for Action: We get things done...in a considered way
6. We Care about our People and our Communities: We treat people how we would like to be treated
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our People Operations team will be in touch!