Sales Development Representative
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to grow their technology sales career. Without a doubt, the SDR sits "in the middle" of sales and marketing (read: where all the action is!) and the opportunities for growth and learning are plentiful.
The SDR will be responsible for executing a targeted outbound lead and demand generation campaigns to marketing executives (CMO, SVP, VP) in order to foster meaningful conversations, drive sales pipeline and ultimately ensure Kapost’s success in the marketplace.
Acting within the context of a High-Performance Team, the SDR must have the skillset to handle all lead generating activities while supporting sales cycle opportunities working in partnership with the Account Director and Solutions Consultant to execute the team’s territory coverage model. This is a dynamic role and a great opportunity in high-tech sales, enabling talented and aspiring individuals to continue their sales careers in Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) technologies. With a rapidly growing customer base and organization, this is a great opportunity to work in martech space, with best-of-breed technology and to grow with Kapost.
Qualify sales opportunities for the sales team
- Own the flow of inbound marketing leads to sales territories
- Triage leads from sales-target accounts to route demand to the correct Account Director
- Ask qualifying questions to better understand needs and timing of non-sales-targeted accounts
- Determine if Kapost is a good fit for prospect
- Utilize your consultative, technical and value based knowledge to move leads forward into an evaluation
Help execute outbound marketing/campaigns
- Build lists of qualified target prospects/prospect accounts based on partnership with Account Directors via territory plans, events Kapost is attending, companies with changing leadership, relationships with analysts, customers of complementary technologies, etc.
- Grow and drive engagement within key stakeholders at target accounts with relevant messaging based upon targeted segmentation and account plans
- Identification of buying group and bringing them into SFDC
- Work closely with AD team members to ensure alignment is in lock step
- Help maintain data integrity at the lead, contact, and account level
- Develop account plans for high value target accounts including org map, and identification of buying group
- Help build reports within SFDC for analysis of lead stock/flow
- Grow total addressable market
Proactively communicate with prospects, management, Kapost team
- Be on the "front-lines", relay any information that may be of value to the both sales and marketing teams, be it best practices, things that are resonating in the market, new features, competitive pressures, etc.
- Work as a team player to help make your peers and Kapost better.
- Gain an understanding of the broader customer lifecycle
- Strengthened intersection between sales and marketing
- Flows and conversion rates from MQL - Opp 1 // Opp 1 - Opp 2
- Pipeline / Opps driven inside target companies
- Stage 2 with group of stakeholders
- Dedicated research function / phone channel for marketing
- Research - List / SFDC Building / Cleaning (Conference attendees, etc)
- Phone marketing channel - Calling to encourage webinar attendance / Campaign participation
- Pioneer the SDR role to establish the position mechanically (Views, reports, etc) as well as strategically in driving results.
- Become proficient in all of the marketing technologies used at Kapost.
- SFDC - Expert
- Marketo, Salesloft, Discoverorg, Engagio and Kapost
- Front-line sales experience speaking directly to prospective customers about challenges that they face every day in the context of Kapost
- Understanding and experience in how the top of the sales funnel operates to streamline opp 1 & 2 conversion
- ICP / Readiness knowledge
- Quality of leads / accounts
- Product knowledge - Strengths / weaknesses of the platform and the role that plays in making leads / accounts good / bad
- Integrations and the marketing / sales technology landscape as a whole
There will be multiple layers to reaching quota with the primary focus on outbound pipeline creation.
- Pipeline (stage 2 Opportunity creation) across qualified target outbound accounts with multiple stakeholders(buying group)
- Number of qualified inbound opportunities developed for the Account Director with multiple stakeholders(buying group) based off historical model
- Accelerators - at or above 100% quota attainment additional $ can be earned