Sales Development Representative at Markit Digital
The Sales Development representative is responsible for qualifying inbound leads as well identifying, contacting, and qualifying outbound leads in order to set-up introductory meetings with members of the sales team.
This position offers substantial opportunity for growth and the support to succeed. In addition, this position requires someone who is a.) interested in what is quite possibly the most dynamic commodities market in the U.S., and b). representing the products of what is widely regarded as the pre-eminent provider of fuel price discovery to the downstream U.S. oil industry.
Role & Responsibilities
- Qualify inbound leads (calls, emails, web form fills) as they come in and within standard SLA
- Responding to inbound calls, emails and other inquiries where Customer Service needs further sales support
- Cold Calls - Generating Leads to send to sales
- Organize and develop new business campaigns to help meet quota goals, including developing lists for prospecting and building sales plays around products and market developments
- Create outreach strategy for new lead generation methods
- Work with marketing to engage with attendees of events & webinars; both to drive attendance and develop new relationships
- Use industry knowledge to identify potential new markets and increase the market share through lead generation
- Utilize CRM system to track all client interactions
- Ability to operate within a fast-paced working environment to meet the needs of internal and external clients
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Comfort and conﬁdence with cold calling.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Driven by results.
- Proactive, with a 'can do' attitude and the ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must.
- Experience in selling information to senior business decision makers a plus.
- Knowledge or ability to learn the processes and daily workﬂow of client base
- Ability to drive new business opportunities within new prospects, as well as ability to upsell to existing customers within a team selling environment.
- Ability to identify key customer issues to determine whether it is appropriate to set-up a meeting with a sales specialist or content representative.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness when working closely with people of diverse cultures or background.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple activities and re-prioritize when necessary to ensure revenue goals are achieved.
- Degree level education preferred.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.