Sales Development Representative (Demand Generation)
Title: Sales Development Representative
Location: Boulder Colorado
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about sales and ready to jump start your career? Do you want to evangelize disruptive technology to help businesses collaborate and run more efficiently? If you answered yes to these questions then we have your dream job and want you to join our Sales Development Rep Team! In your role you will and you will play vital role in creating new opportunities for VictorOps/Spunk. You will take initiative and follow up on new and existing leads, to scheduling calls and facilitating throughout the sales cycle. The SDR Team is the key function of opportunity generation. At VictorOps/Splunk, we value a work-life balance. In the office, we’re all about meeting our goals and celebrating well when we achieve them. VictorOps/Splunk has a fun, exciting culture and as one of the members of our growing sales team you will be a key promoter and steward of that culture.
- You will ensure all inbound marketing leads are followed up with and each lead is given the appropriate level of attention to drive their evaluation
- Creativity Encouraged: Use inbound leads AND your own outbound prospecting as your lead pool to build a pipeline of qualified prospects
- Handle all scheduling of calls and engagements with initial prospects and Inside Sales Representatives
- Ensure key discovery information is collected and shared with appropriate partners before calls and product demonstrations with prospects
- Collaborate with and learn from VP of Sales on new selling approaches and strategies
- Ability to meet goals as set by the sales team each quarter
A Day in the Life of your New Amazing Role
- Outreach (yes, sometimes that’s a cold call) to potential clients, articulate the value in the VictorOps/Splunk platform, and rate their interest in our product
- Learn from and work with sales, marketing and support to build a strategy to communicate with new prospects and generate new opportunities
- Training and mentorship opportunities across the organization to give you a broad understanding of the business
- Take advantage of the free snacks, keg, gift cards to local coffee shops and weekly breakfast that Splunk offers
- A minimum of 1 year selling a technical product in a SaaS environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong self-awareness and social skills to manage difficult situations with understanding and composure
- You have a strong ability to multi-task and impeccable time management skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal,) and interpersonal skills
- You are inspirational in your impeccable performance and successfully work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to grasp complex new technology products and services-and how to leverage them in a competitive marketplace
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across the entire organization
- Enthusiasm to perform on a team and work toward a team goal while being able to work independently on projects as well
- Must be located near Boulder Colorado and able to commute daily into our office (this is not a remote position)
- A competitive salary, generous benefits, and equity
- The chance to join a fun and hard-working team
- A collaborative, open work environment at our office in the heart of downtown Boulder
- Free snacks, catered meals, a rooftop patio, and cold brew coffee on tap
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!