Sales Development Representative, Commerce
About the Team
As a member of the Sovrn Commerce team, you will help drive the connection between publishing and commerce. We allow publishers of all shapes and sizes to tap into the entire customer journey, rewarding them for the interest and intent they’ve created. This means more insights, more opportunities—and ultimately more revenue for the publishers that deserve it.
About the job
The Sales Development Representative is a pivotal position to the future success of Sovrn. This is an opportunity for someone to make an impact on the bottom line and learn the affiliate marketing industry.
What you will be doing:
- You will build and maintain strong relationships with everyone in the strategic field of play: the merchant’s affiliate-network manager, their agency, their in-house contact
- Retain and grow commissions and commission rates from our advertisers through publisher reviews, on-site visits, strategic planning, and education
- Expertly manage communication: from onboarding to serving as the day-to-day point person for our advertisers and networks
- Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends internally and for distribution to partners
- Gain a deep understanding of our advertisers’ business goals and turn data into compelling stories and actionable insights to help them succeed
- Travel to industry trade shows and events
- Configure internal systems for tracking clicks/revenue
- Discover and debug merchant affiliation and link redirect issues
- Incorporate merchant feedback to improve existing Sovrn Commerce products and services
You are a high energy, consultative individual with a hunter mentality. You work just as easily independently and on small teams. You are intellectually curious and have a keen interest in the digital marketing industry. You are interested in a career in Sales and are taking steps to get there.
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional written and face-to-face communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- 1+ years experience working face-to-face with customers
- A team player who’s able to work in a fast-paced environment with technical and non-technical teams
- A passion for problem solving and turning challenges into opportunities for business growth
- An interest in and willingness to learn the technical underpinnings of how to build, maintain, and grow a thriving digital business
- Bachelor’s Degree
Position Reports to: VP, Marketplace
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t