Sales Development Rep
Responsible for marketing the company’s products and / or services to prospects via telephone, email or social media networks. Generates prospective customers through cold calling, qualifies and nurtures leads within associated SLA requirements. Qualified leads are typically directed to the field and / or sales team for close. Provides marketing / sales literature to prospective clients. Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the industry as well as competitive posture of the company, enhances awareness in the targeted business community of the company and its products / services. Prepares activity and demand generation metrics.
- Acts as the first point of contact for inbound calls or emails and develops these contacts into prospects.
- Exceeds goals and expectations over the previous fiscal year.
- Researches prospects via social media and other market intelligence sources to enrich account intelligence.
- Engages via telephone or electronically with prospects or new business units within existing customers to identify business needs and account intelligence.
- Performs cold calling to generate new prospects.
- Works with Partner community to drive net new meetings.
- Nurtures prospects interest in NetApp for handover to sales organization (set appointments or qualified leads).
- Proactively informs prospects about new product and services developments.
- Logs all activities and customer contact points in CRM system for future tracking.
- Updates and maintains customer contact information in CRM system.
- Very good verbal and written communications, presentation, customer service, business, selling and negotiation skills.
- High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
- Broad exposure to a variety of technologies / concepts in a distributed environment.
- Aptitude and readiness for learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Up to 2 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree; or related field is preferred.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical solutions and business value.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.