Sales Associate, Upstream Oil & Gas at Markit Digital (Remote)
This role is responsible for a limited complexity of accounts, territory, products or services sold and normally interacts with customers by presenting factual information, recommendations and resolution of issues or concerns. The primary responsibility will be to retain and grow new upstream energy data, software, and insight revenue within an assigned account base.
- Qualifies and follows up with sales leads, from telemarketing as well as via cold calling
- New Business Hunter mentality
- Meets and exceeds the assigned sales metrics on a weekly and monthly basis for calls, meetings, and proposals
- Ensures that accurate forecasting, pipeline management and other sales process/infrastructures are established
- Effectively builds rapport with customers by probing for needs and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Achieves monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives, while ensuring the optimum customer experience and satisfaction by following established processes and procedures
- Generates a sales pipeline using core sales processes to drive revenue in line with quota
- Places customer first
- Possesses knowledge of company products and services - able to articulate our value proposition
- Demonstrates the ability to exercise judgment with in defined procedures and practices
- Works under general supervision within defined guidelines as part of a team
- Requires some judgment or evaluation of a variety of factors, according to established sales process and procedure
- Has advanced awareness of Oil and Gas industry, business, financials, products/services; the market and core sales processes
- Is responsible for a limited complexity of accounts, territory, products/services sold
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet established deadlines
- Interacts normally with exchange or presentation of factual information, recommendations and resolution of issues or concerns
- Oil & Gas experience a plus
- 3-5 plus years of sales experience
- University degree
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.