Sales and Marketing Operations Manager
Who are we?
Thanx helps offline retailers build deeper, data-driven relationships with their best customers by integrating loyalty, feedback, referrals, and personalized marketing tools.
Thanx is backed by some of the best VCs including Sequoia Capital and Icon Ventures. We recently raised a $17.1M Series B to accelerate the company’s growth. We have, since then, grown the team by 250% and seen significant increases in key business metrics including user count, transactions processed, and MRR.
We are in the early stages of growth but well on our way to significant success. We Embrace Diverse Perspectives. We Focus On What Matters. We Make It Happen. We Say “Thanx” Generously. As corny as it may be, we literally say “Thanx” to each other in company all-hands.
Who Are You?
You are a very detail oriented, team-oriented person who finds intrinsic motivation in helping sales teams develop and reach their potential. You are collaborative and a good teacher and communicator. You have a sense of ownership and pride in the outcome of your work. Working for an ever-changing startup excites and energizes you.
The Sales Operations Manager is at the core of the Sales team and is a key resource for delivering the disciplines and information required to help drive sales performance, predictability, and efficiency. These depend on the consistent execution of our sales methodology, processes, tools, and procedures coupled with continuous improvement in reporting, analytics, forecasting and performance metrics. Additionally, this role will work closely with the marketing team to manage the integration between Salesforce and Eloqua. Including the implementation of marketing funnel metrics and reporting, optimizing pipeline management, and improving data integrity/lead enrichment.
The responsibilities of the Sales Operations Manager include ownership of the sales process: it’s implementation, compliance governance, and execution in SalesForce.com and lead acquisition and management. The Sales Operations Manager is chartered on a quarterly basis with identifying opportunities for the sales process, sales technology, and lead DB improvements.
- Be a key contributor to the organization and revenue gains by working closely with the Sales VP and Sales Management team to identify areas for strategic improvement in the sales process and methodology and in the technology stack
- Have experience with SFDC and data management, being able to build a CRM with clean records and integrations to other systems
- Own sales reporting and analysis of all aspects of the Sales operation including pipeline, performance metrics, trends, forecasting and opportunities at the team
- Purchase quality lead lists and manage to effective CPL and conversion to sale
- Maintain leads lists, focusing on data quality and append. Looking for strategic opportunities to tie data attributes together to improve marketing and outbound sales efforts
- Develop critical reports and dashboards that provide insights and actionable data to aid sales and marketing management
- Participate in strategic planning including territory planning, compensation plan development, and KPI creation
- Create executive level reporting, dashboards, and presentations
- Ability to be a change agent and have a thorough understanding of change management processes
- The ability to prioritize based on the larger picture, not individual needs
- 4+ years experience in Sales Operations, Business Operations or a related field, in a complex and fast-paced environment
- 4+ years of experience with Salesforce, you're proficient, to say the least
- 4+ years of experience with sales engagement platforms; i.e., Outreach.io
- An analytical mind, and can find answers in data prioritizing based on the larger picture, not individual needs
- Experience being a change agent and a thorough understanding of change management processes
- You have startup grit; there are always moving pieces in a startup you have to deal with ambiguity
- Mastery of Excel and a passion for numbers
- Experience working with marketing automation systems (Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot) is a plus
- BA/BS degree in economics, science, information systems, or business administration
Ready to change your life? Apply now!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.