Sales and Account Management Associate at Parsyl
Parsyl is a technology company that delivers IoT enabled supply chain visibility and insurance solutions for shippers and suppliers of pharmaceuticals, perishable foods and other sensitive goods. We were founded with the mission to improve lives and save money by providing a better way to understand the quality of goods we all rely on, from the foods we eat to the medicines we need. We are working to achieve this by combining smart sensors, data insights, and comprehensive cargo insurance coverage to improve risk resiliency and safeguard goods in transit and storage.
If you’re a team player and would be excited to join a company whose technology will help answer questions like: “Should I give this vaccine to a child?” and “Is this seafood safe to eat?”- we’re looking for you.
Where you fit in:
As an early member of a fast-growing startup, you will be tasked with supporting Parsyl’s sales and account management functions. You will work closely with the sales, insurance and product teams to manage and expand customer accounts across our insurance and risk management products. You are a good fit for this position if you are highly organized, a flexible thinker and you’re eager to develop your career in the insurance, logistics, and technology industry. Excellent communication skills and high attention to detail are critical.
What you’ll get to work on:
- Collaborate with the sales, insurance and product teams to support sales operations and account management.
- Help establish Parsyl as the premier, go to insurer in the perishable cargo space.
- Research competitive offerings and become an expert in presenting Parsyl.
- Research companies and key stakeholders in targeted accounts.
- Conduct initial meetings with prospective customers to create interest, determine needs, and qualify opportunities to begin the sales cycle. Follow up on inbound inquiries, schedule appointments and demos to progress the sales process.
- Support in managing complex accounts, developing customer relationships and delivering exemplary customer services.
- Continuously assess customer satisfaction and ongoing needs and provide valuable feedback to Parsyl’s product, data science and technology teams to help improve our solution.
- 2-5 years of demonstrated success in an inside sales and/or account management role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Active listening skills, effective in identifying customer pain points, interests, preferences, and subtle nuances
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Experience managing numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving sales production goals
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a supportive team environment
- Excitement for big challenges, ability to work independently and a desire to learn, lead and grow.
Bonus if You Also Have:
- Experience working in the insurance industry
- Experience within supply chain logistics
- Prior work with food distributors and/or suppliers
Qualities We Look For:
- Mission -- You are highly motivated and inspired by our mission to improve health and save money for people across the globe.
- Grit -- You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at an early stage startup.
- High Standards -- You take pride in your work and are highly accountable.
- Curiosity -- You are energized by finding creative solutions to new situations.
- Self-Starter -- You are ambitious and take initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
- Humility -- You approach your work with humility and a willingness to collaborate and learn from those around you in order to produce the best outcome
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness and commuter benefit
- Early-stage stock options
- Significant career growth opportunities
- Continuing education stipend
- Unlimited vacation
- Relocation assistance available