Sales Analyst at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:23 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, April 29, 2021
Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
This role will work in our Denver office once our office re-opens.
How You’ll Do It
Responsible for transforming data into contextual, actionable intelligence that will support Pie in achieving its revenue and profit goals. In addition, will be accountable for securing "on demand" data and ad hoc report requests necessary to support business decisions. All while under minimal supervision.
Day to Day
- Build and maintain reporting and analytic tools to evaluate and direct Sales and Business Development activity
- Interpret operating metrics and provide direction on areas for improvement in revenue generation or cost reduction
- Developing analysis of company operational performance, including revenue and profitability
- Responsible for reporting cadence to sales and business development management
- Analyze situations accurately, recommend and adopt effective responses and course of action
- Gather, analyze and draw correct inferences from the facts and data to identify root causes of problems and create solutions, identify inefficient business processes and recommend technological or process improvements.
- Model compensation or incentive programs. Make recommendations on changes to operations or incentive systems to improve results.
- Assist with generation of forecasts and business planning
- Participate in debugging queries and auditing one's own data to ensure accuracy
The Right Stuff
- Associates degree with a major in Business, Insurance/Risk Management, mathematics or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years of insurance experience is preferred, preferably commercial insurance in either workers compensation or general commercial insurance coverage.
- At least 2 years experience working in analytics or reporting.
- Knowledge analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data points and information.
- Basic skills in data and reporting tools such as Tableau, Looker or similar applications.
- Intermediate skills using Excel for data analysis.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze and draw correct inferences from the facts and data to identify root causes of problems and create solutions, identify inefficient business processes and recommend technological or process improvements.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects and workload demands and complete projects on time.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous Vacation
- 7 days of paid sick leave
- Commuter Allowance
- 401k Match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Monthly Happy Hours
- Generous Parental Leave
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie! That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience that you bring, along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $55,000 - $85,000 per year
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance raises an additional $118M in funding
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Checkout our employee reviews on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding