Retention Associate Senior at FIS
Worldpay from FIS is making payments smarter, faster and easier for all our partners, as well as the consumers they serve. From the largest retailers in the U.S. to the coffee shop down the street, we are leading the transformation in payments through chip-enabled cards, mobile wallets, eCommerce, and payment solutions for businesses of all sizes. We are the fastest growing payments company in the U.S., visit Worldpay from FIS.com for more.
Worldpay from FIS's growth is on the backs of every single team member--it is individuals working together to make success happen. By leaving no rock unturned, we can find new opportunities for continued growth everywhere. Our sales team is vital to that success with their diligence to generate new prospects and re-engage old ones. We take nothing for granted and accept that every day is a new chance to make a rewarding impact.
The Sr. Merchant Liaison is responsible primarily for driving Worldpay from FIS Integrated Payments experience to retain our platinum merchant base. Managing the merchant experience and ultimately optimizing the Worldpay from FIS Integrated Payments portfolio by protecting revenue (compression), volume and merchant count (MID). Identifying merchants exhibiting "risk of flight" characteristics as well as engaging merchants proactively and reactively with a singular focus of driving merchant delight, which in-turn manifests itself in improved retention.
- Thorough understanding of Mercury/Vantiv/Worldpay eco-system and how it is unique within the industry
- Renegotiates rates and fees resulting in an extended contract
- Engages throughout negotiation with listed dealer and/or PL on account, understanding and communicating the impact
- Works closely with the sales executives, channel sales teams and Merchant Liaison Support
- Refers to dealer preference tab always when working with merchants
- Refers Worldpay from FIS Integrated Payments value adds to create stickiness for existing merchants.
- Accepts and completes assignments with open, cooperative, positive, and team oriented attitudes
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with all Worldpay from FIS Integrated Payments employees and departments by keeping a positive attitude and a collaborative focus in all interactions.
- Adheres to company policies as defined (code of conduct/attendance etc.)
- Be able to recognize merchant who may be at risk of leaving Worldpay from FIS Integrated Payments
- Must be able to review and analyze merchant statements to provide proper rate review and rate guidance to merchants
- Responsible for proper Dashboard manage of TT within CRM and Salesforce tools
- Responsible for taking inbound queue calls and making outbound calls
- Responsible for entering any and all opportunities assigned via TT into Salesforce to evaluate presentment conversion
- Be able to understand why fees are assessed and increase on a merchant's account as well as know when to remove them while maintaining merchant account profitability
- Understand and re-route calls that may not be retention issues
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- 1-2 years sales/negotiation/problem solving experience
- Strong mathematical skills required
- Ability to handle and diffuse difficult conversations with respect, sureness and courtesy
- Computer Skills- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Outlook and overall computer literacy
- Ability to understand and calculate with percentages
- Able to follow through and maintain merchant contact and keep merchants informed on next steps
- All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$18-30
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.