Remote Technical Account Manager at Markit Digital
The Technical Account Manager assists Account Managers in all aspects of the solution selling process.
Sales support activities include:
- Understanding the Knowledge Discovery needs of our customers' Engineering, Support and IT organizations
- Positioning IHS Markit Knowledge Discovery solutions to address customer business needs
- Partnering with Account Management to identify new prospects
- Developing proposals tailored to specific engineering related vertical markets
- Leading on-site customer engagements for requirements gathering, solution design and training needs
- Supporting Account Management colleagues with technical sales enablement and on-boarding
- Working with Product Management and Marketing to drive vertical specific messaging and campaigns
- Monitoring industry competitors, applying competitive intelligence to sales campaigns and sharing findings internally
- Leveraging professional solution selling methods to grow opportunities and align solutions to client business value
Specific Job Duties:
- Provide strong solution selling support for assigned sales opportunities
- Provide Account Management with unique insights into the business issues faced by clients
- Understand unique needs of the IHS Markit customer base by vertical and roles within customer organizations
- Conduct value assessments, develop partnerships and drive high-value engagements with customers
- Demonstrate the benefits and features of IHS Markit Knowledge Discovery solutions software and services
- Collaborate closely with Account Management and Product Management throughout the sales process
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with customers across multiple vertical industries
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years in consultative software sales support role (ideally with knowledge discovery and PLM systems)
- Excellent knowledge of engineering, manufacturing and support processes and software tools
- Proven track record as a trusted advisor serving Fortune 500 accounts
- Self-motivated with the ability to drive sales growth
- Strong client relations and client management skills
- Excellent presentation skills for IHS Markit internal audiences and customer audiences of varying sizes
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Powerpoint and Word)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in support of strategic and large value accounts
- Experience with engineering tools such as CAD, PLM and document systems such as Documentum, SharePoint, etc.
- Travel: 30% to 50% for sales support activities and customer visit
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $91,025. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.