Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Provides strategic support for the plant projects and supplier management. Regional Buyer with responsibility for 2-4 facilities. Responsible for execution of strategies to manage sourcing of quality products, equipment, and services. Responsible for assured supply of materials, while minimizing inventories, driving lower total cost of ownership, and reducing indirect spend for facilities.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Draft and lead negotiations for competitive bids to obtain cost reductions and increase cash flow in accordance with the category sourcing strategy, spend level authorizations, procurement and finance policies.
- Support cost reduction targets through cost out projects and ongoing price negotiations for cross regional procurement initiatives. This includes scoping, negotiating and implementing standard contracts and prices to enable local ordering, and support with ad-hoc negotiation support for urgent activities.
- Actively work with plant team to maintain inventory levels in storeroom. Support by running analysis on usage of procured products in an effort to reduce stocked inventory levels and determine parts that are excess, obsolete, and overstocked parts within storeroom.
- Supports plant leadership and/or procurement category manager requests for data analysis, metrics reporting, and purchasing information. Knowledge of JDE to access, input, and retains information from the company system.
- Establish and maintains positive relations with suppliers to gain competitive advantages and with local bargaining unit ensuring a high level of productivity (if applicable).
- Supports set up of plant new equipment spares packages and rebuild packages to ensure optimal amount of inventory is absorbed and maintained prior to purchase.
- Lead identification and implementation of supplier catalog improvements with the objective of continually driving spend reductions. Area of focus will be correct pricing, SKU availability and master data accuracy.
- Manage communication with suppliers and internal customers to satisfy product and delivery needs and requirements specifications.
- Work closely with MDM to ensure all new create or extend part requests are adequately completed with correct part nomenclature, pricing, and categories.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum.
- Core Competencies:
- Maximize value
- Operational excellence
- Attention to details
- Leverage our know-how
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Business principles
- Legal practices
- Purchasing principles and practices
- Company manufacturing products, practices, nomenclature, and procedures
- Core Competencies:
- Ability to apply independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard purchasing techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Systems aptitude and hands-on experience with JDE.
- 25-50% of travel
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 10
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans