Regional Account Executive
Who are we?
Thanx helps offline retailers build deeper, data-driven relationships with their best customers by integrating loyalty, feedback, referrals, and personalized marketing tools.
Thanx is backed by some of the best VCs including Sequoia Capital and Icon Ventures. We recently raised a $17.1M Series B to accelerate the company’s growth. We have, since then, grown the team by 250% and seen significant increases in key business metrics including user count, transactions processed, and MRR.
We are in the early stages of growth but well on our way to significant success. We Embrace Diverse Perspectives. We Focus On What Matters. We Make It Happen. We Say “Thanx” Generously. As corny as it may be, we literally say “Thanx” to each other in company all-hands.
Who are you?
You are someone who is Passionate. Passionate about your role, problems to solve, sales, or anything else. That passion energizes you.
You have a 'hunter' mentality. You are eager to make new connections, learn about new clients, uncover pain and solve challenges with conviction. You love the thrill of the chase. You love to compete and win.
You are wildly curious. You are always looking for opportunities to learn and grow. You can adapt to new ideas, process and concepts.
You recognize you're part of a whole. You learn from others, teach those around you, and truly care about the people you work with, leading to a better outcome for everyone.
You are very comfortable with technology. The product is not overly complex, but we have found it is very helpful to be able to explain how it works when asked – and we use a lot of tech for demos throughout the sales process.
What about the sales team?
We love to learn, and our culture reflects that. We also love to WIN. We are passionate about the markets we serve, the problems that we solve and the products that we sell. We sell knowing that if our clients don’t succeed, we don’t succeed. We sell with integrity, urgency, and passion. We give you the room to be creative, but give you the support to succeed. In exchange, we expect a 100% results-oriented effort!
As a National Account Executive, you will manage a strong sales cycle from opportunity creation to close which requires attention to detail and strong execution in all phases of the merchant buying cycle.
- Target customers who are multi-location brick and mortar merchants in the restaurant, retail, and service industry that have between ~25 and 100 locations.
- Build relationships with and create value for CEO, CMO, CFO, COO buyers.
- Close 800K in ACV business in your first year.
- Manage an assigned territory of named accounts to 100% attainment of quarterly quota through active territory management.
- Be able to manage a strong sales cycle, clearly executing a deal strategy that allows other company resources to engage and align in the process easily
- Be a power user of SFDC and other sales technologies to ensure proper documentation, execution and accurate forecasting.
- Work collaboratively with Merchant Success to ensure the proper onboarding of clients to ensure elevated merchant experience that leads to the long-term use of the Thanx loyalty platform.
- Develop and present clear, accurate and focused summaries of client challenges, the Thanx solution, associated value propositions and ROI models, sometimes unique to each client.
- Communicate strategically back into the business to help marketing, product and engineering understand clear market needs.
You must have:
- 5-8 years of direct quota carrying sales experience.
- A proven track record selling into multi-location retail, restaurant or service based brick and mortar businesses.
- Solid industry contacts and can build a viable territory coverage model across numerous geographies that lead to long-term sales success and revenue growth.
- A proven track record in sales at or above quota for consecutive years.
- An understanding of startup environment and willingness to break through walls.
- Strong negotiations skills.
- A BA/BS.
What is Thanx?
Thanx helps merchants build deeper, data-driven relationships with their best customers. We capture valuable transaction and lifetime value data about customers and enable merchants to act on that information with simple ROI-focused marketing campaigns. As a Software-as-a-Service offering, Thanx requires no point-of-sale integration or additional hardware, instead pulling data directly from proprietary partnerships with the major credit card companies — the result is a seamless merchant experience and equally joyful consumer experience which eliminates the hassles of plastic cards, phone numbers, punch cards and other traditional loyalty program staples which just slow things down.
Ready to change your life? Apply now!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.