Professional Services Security Consultant at LogRhythm
LogRhythm, a Thoma Bravo company is a world leader in NextGen SIEM, empowering thousands of enterprises on six continents to successfully reduce cyber and operational risk by rapidly detecting, responding to and neutralizing damaging cyberthreats. LogRhythm’s technology serves as the foundation for the world’s most modern enterprise security operations centers (SOCs), helping customers measurably secure their cloud, physical, and virtual infrastructures for both IT and OT environments. Built for security professionals by security professionals, the LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform has won countless customer and industry accolades.
Who are we looking for;
As a Professional Services Security Consultant, you will be responsible for reviewing the state of the LogRhythm deployment, analyze log sources, enable applicable Threat Analytics Rules and tune Threat Analytics Rules. You will also be responsible for conducting service Kick Off meetings whether onsite or remote, manage/schedule customers and maintain the current status for all their customers.
This individual will drive the technical relationship with our customers and partners by providing advanced architecture, implementation and operational support of LogRhythm’s award winning security intelligence solution. A Professional Services Security Consultant should possess analytical problem-solving skills, demonstrate initiative and pay attention to detail. They need to be willing to work outside their comfort zone and be open to learn new skills. Excellent communication and writing skills are essential and the ability to make formal presentations and speak effectively in public are highly desirable.
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities & challenges ahead:
- Work collaboratively with other service and product team members to find creative solutions to our customers’ challenges.
- Perform remote and on-site customization, installation, and integration of the LogRhythm solution.
- Provide use cases and recommendations to customers
- Provide consulting to customers during the testing, evaluation, pilot, production and training phases to ensure a successful deployment.
- Provide custom expert security consulting services to LogRhythm customers with a security operations center (SOC).
- Strong oral, written and listening skills are an essential part of effective consulting.
- Networking: The candidate must have experience and understanding of networking and network security technologies such as Firewalls, IDX/IPS, Proxies, Content Filtering, Application Security, SIEM and Log, monitor/management, Vulnerability Management, Risk and Compliance.
- Systems Administration: Windows or Linux Administration knowledge is important.
- Flexibility: Travel demand will/can include external functions including visits to Customers, Sales offices, industry events. Travel estimated up to 50%.
- SIEM Experience: SIEM experience and knowledge is strongly desired. LogRhythm experience is a plus.
- Security: Experience in SOC and incident response is highly desired.
- SOC: Strong understanding of a SOC, staffing needs, best practices and workflow.
- Technical Writing: Advanced technical writing abilities.
- Public Speaking: Ability to give clear and concise presentations to groups of 5 or more.
- Encryption: Experience with PKI in a Windows environment is an example of desired encryption experience.
- Programing/Scripting: Experience in 2 or more of the following – SQL, PHP, Python, Regex, PowerShell, Bash
- Compliance: Deep understanding in one or more of the following compliance standards: NIST, PCI, HIPAA, SOX or other security frameworks.
- Security Audit: Experience demonstrating an understanding of security auditing methodologies and related documentation.
- Vulnerability and Risk Management: Demonstrated experience conducting vulnerability assessments including remediation recommendations. Thorough understanding of risk classification.
Workplace equality & inclusion are not just words or topics for LogRhythm, they are part of our core values, beliefs, and integral to our company culture. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors. LogRhythm was built on the principals of innovation, dedication, creativity, and commitment. It is through these key areas we were able to grow as an equal and inclusive workplace, one where our employees feel respected and safe in.