Pre-Sales Engineer - IBM at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Field Technical Representative - IBM
Arrow is seeking a highly qualified Field Technical Representative to support our client base in the Americas region. This role will focus on demand generation, account management and relationship building activities. Having a history of self-motivation and project completion is a must.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Demand Creation and Relationship Management for suppliers, Arrow inside teams, partners and customers.
- Execute enablement and introduction activities focused on IBM Software and IBM Cloud products.
- Lead technical sales training for Arrow and partner sales teams around product introduction and up to date selling techniques.
- Drive relationships at all levels in the customer environment.
- Utilize supplier, Arrow peers and partner knowledge to grow market share and sales
- Account Management:
- Find and create selling opportunities through planned discovery process.
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency in discovering and understanding customers’ business requirements and how to translate those into Arrow requirements for opportunities
- Execute successful demand creation strategies for Arrow and our partners/customers.
- Build, maintain and strengthen relationships with suppliers and partners and their reps.
- Build relationships across, and within, Sales, Marketing, Financial, Services and other teams within the greater Arrow ecosystem.
- Attend supplier trainings and events to remain current on existing and new product knowledge and/or obtain technical certifications.
- Maintain supplier forecast and deal tracking within Arrow sales tools.
- Remain informed on current related technologies and competitive solutions pertaining to IBM Software and Cloud products and attend training as needed
- Build relationships with partners and customers to ensure readiness and acceptance of technical solutions.
- Technical and Other Duties may include:
- Perform advisory leadership role on special teams as assigned
- Incorporate technology and services into valued solutions that are repeatable.
- Capable of configuring and documenting technology and services into valued solutions that are simple, repeatable, and that solve for a common customer business need.
- Accurately uses Sales Force and other Arrow tools to document and maintain customer and partner activities
- Participates in Quarterly Business Review meetings and provides activity updates as appropriate.
What We Are Looking For
- Demonstrate a trustworthy, reliable, and credible history – Clean Social Media
- Passion for showing business and IT leaders value through solving complex business problems
- Understands the channel and how to influence and move the selling process to completion
- Requires 4-year degree with 5-10 years of related experience
- Requires in-depth technical and sales knowledge and experience with IBM CloudPak Software & SaaS offerings. IBM Cloud knowledge is also desirable.
- Certification(s) and Badge(s) for IBM Software products and IBM Cloud
- Certification(s) and experience with RedHat products
- Complex problem-solving skills – Someone who looks at problems from a new perspective and solves new problems using existing resources.
- Independent worker who requires minimal guidance and finds new discovery techniques to drive business outcomes.
- Happy to teach and mentor others
- Serves as a leader, mentor, and participant for best practices on functional teams or projects
- Uses best practice and knowledge of internal and external resources to improve customer solutions
- Ability to present and teach effectively in front of groups
- Clean and credible social media presence
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)