Zoom is a company driven by our unique culture and focus on delivering happiness to our customers. By focusing on happy employees and happy customers, we have experienced amazing growth and success. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture, focus on teamwork and fun environment makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization and we need more amazing "Zoomies" to join the team! If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom.
The Technical Sales Architect role at Zoom plays a very important role in building the foundation of delivery of our technical solutions. We are looking for an architect with deep knowledge of the healthcare and collaboration industry to help our solution engineers, sales associates and customers understand what makes the Zoom Communication platform run underneath the hood.
TSAs are responsible for increasing the technical relevance of our solutions engineering community by creating technical white papers and validated infrastructure designs, building lab guides, competitive tear downs and release documentation.
TSAs will work with a cross-functional team to ensure that the products that we bring to market are successful in a wide variety of customer engagements. TSAs will collaborate with key partners such as development, product leadership, sales leadership,engineering senior technical and business executives to drive the architecture strategy by owning the technical direction of our platform and help prioritize development efforts. TSAs will lead a team to define, develop, maintain, and communicate the technology and platform strategy to all levels. The TSA team will serve as subject matter experts for our sales teams and our customers.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven and have a background in collaboration technologies including telephony, messaging, video, and meetings, and be conversant in APIs and SDKs. Knowledge of Zoom communication platform (Chat, Meetings, Rooms, Video, Phone, Marketplace/API) and/or competitive equivalent is required. Knowledge of Microsoft and application based competition (Microsoft, RingCentral, 8x8, Cisco, Avaya, Pexip, etc) and expert level collaboration certifications such as CCIE are desirable.
As a Technical Sales Architect you will:
Partner with product managers, product marketing, and developer relations across platform teams
- Enable Solutions Engineers with repeatable demo applications aligned to customer use cases
- Create and host trainings with our Solution Engineering community
- Build integration labs and provide interoperability recommendations
- Build and lead internal teams to drive cross organizational projects
- Collect customer and field feedback
- Create and maintain design and integration guides, troubleshooting guides, evaluation guides, application notes, technical white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations for our solutions and products.
- Support sales efforts, some travel required
- 5+ years experience in software or collaboration pre-sales
- Strong understanding of software architecture and API design
- Experience with frameworks such as jQuery, GraphQL, AngularJS, Vue, or React
- Extensive knowledge of Linux based systems
- Experience with Zoom REST APIs and/or Zoom SDKs
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, experience with Node JS preferred
- Strong business acumen and executive presence
- Extensive customer and field experience
- Exceptional presentation skills and written/oral communication skills
- Create, present and document technical solutions
- Ability to apply IT Systems knowledge to customer solution design
- Formulate and communicate a technical solution / vision
- Understand Zoom partner and ecosystem partners, products and applications
- Mentor developing team members
- Act as a leader when the situation warrants
- Be flexible and able to function in a high growth environment
- Ability to work with all teams across the company
- Project management skills
- Support product launch activities and assist with trade shows, conferences, executive briefings and technical training activities.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram