Partner Engagement Specialist at OnDeck
Innovation, collaboration, and success: at OnDeck, We Make It Happen. We’ve changed the way small businesses access financing. With the spirit of a fintech start-up and the stability of a larger organization, OnDeck helps customers achieve their ambitions while leading in the small business lending space. We operate with a one team mindset, supporting each other and celebrating our wins together. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, inclusive environment where you can make an impact on our customers and business, OnDeck could be the place for you.
We’re excited to expand our Partnerships team to include a Partner Communications & Capabilities Specialist. The Communications & Capabilities Specialist will be a mission critical, multi-faceted and cross-functional role.
As part of the Partnerships Team’s ‘Capabilities and Operations’ function you will act as ‘the voice’ to our channel partners, and be responsible for the recurring and ad-hoc communication to our partner portfolio. You will work closely with our content marketing team to define the partner content plan. You will also be responsible for helping our partners succeed by developing professional and highly-impactful training and education materials for partners of OnDeck. You will work cross-functionally with team members from our Marketing, Sales, Legal, Compliance and Operations teams to ensure that our partners are equipped to succeed while also adhering to the high compliance standard we hold ourselves to as a business.
As a Partner Engagement Specialist you will:
- Manage the onboarding and training of external financial partners.
- Field inbound partner inquiries: act as the first point of contact for all new inbound partner enquiries and direct to appropriate departments for feedback and approval.
- Manage partner onboarding activities
- Select and onboard eligible partners, communicate status, declines, and approvals. Lead and support partner background checks.
- Prepare and assign accounts to sales representatives
- Become partner advocate and “customer service champion” within OnDeck:
- Manage onboarding and respond/resolve informational enquiries including process
- Manage external commissions and reporting
- Manage partner information and records
- Address partner complaints and feature requests
- Monitor internal email and phone channels for action and distribution
- Collect and develop actionable insights for the Partnerships team
- Work closely with account managers and other cross-functional team leaders to collect feedback and create actionable insights for the Partnerships team
- Perform partner-related compliance responsibilities
- Manage annual/semi-annual re-certification process for OnDeck’s partner channels, collect necessary documentation
- Deliver routine training and engagement opportunities to strengthen compliance and increase performance/production
- Communicate recommendations and/or partner status confirmation to third parties
- E.g., Fora Financial is onboarding a new ISO and wants to confirm that they are an approved partner of OnDeck
- Conduct ad hoc analysis and provide project support for the partnerships team
- Devise novel partner channel treatments to increase originations and drive loyalty
- Identify inefficiencies and create process improvements to drive originations
- Partner Training
- Create and deliver routine training and engagement opportunities to increase engagement/performance/production
- Develop partner-facing collateral (one-pagers, cheat sheets, etc.) to streamline submissions, approvals, and bookings
- Partner-Facing Communications and Landing Pages
- In partnership with Tech team, create and deploy landing pages to gather partner leads
- In concert with leadership (of Partnerships, Risk, Compliance, and other departments) develop and execute partner communications (primarily mass email)
- Ex: communicate to partners informing them of changes to the OnDeck product, credit model, commissions policies, compliance needs, special offers, or other announcements
- Create ad-hoc and regularly-scheduled partner communications to drive loyalty and strengthen feedback mechanisms to make a better partnership program
- React quickly to shifting credit conditions to pre-communicate changes to partner channels
Qualifications to make it happen:
- You’re a strong writer and editor and you’re comfortable in many mediums – from newsletters, to videos, to simple emails or phone calls and text messages. You can consider and synthesize many inputs, to create shippable content quickly and with limited supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least two years of proven experience in developing channel partner content and training material.
- Expertise in developing partner relationships and channel programs.
- You have experience working with channel management tools including email marketing platforms and digital learning management systems (past experience with Marketo or other mass email platforms)
- You have an eye for design – and realize that everything matters, not just the words.
- 2+ years supporting a sales team - bonus points for experience in the finance, brokering or lending industry
- Ability and desire to work in a high-caliber, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of patience and customer service orientation
- Personal accountability, time-management, and organization skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Office 365 in particular (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Prior use of salesforce.com is a must
- Bonus points for systems including: Tableau, Five9
- A background in financial services is not required, but you should be interested in learning about small business lending and be motivated by OnDeck’s mission to create innovative lending experiences and financial products that help small businesses succeed
OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $12 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, and general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 100,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise.
Click here for a glimpse inside our offices
At OnDeck, it’s We Before Me. We support each other and we love seeing people succeed. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Flexible Paid Time Off; Paid Sick Days; Paid Holidays; Paid Birthday
- Comprehensive Healthcare (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance)
- Wellness Subsidy and Mental Health Coaches
- Voluntary Auto/Home/Pet Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement; Flexible Working Arrangements
- 401k Matching, Loan Consolidation, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave and Sabbaticals
- Affinity Groups and Volunteer Events
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- TalentDesk’s Best Large Companies for Computer Science Jobs in Arlington, Virginia: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Customer Service Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Quality Assurance Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**